Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab entry not working
Operating Systems Solaris crontab entry not working Post 302555316 by vishalaswani on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 11:41:39 AM
Old 09-14-2011
Its better that you add below line in your .profile file so that everytime you login the EDITOR gets set to vi and is exported.
Code:

export EDITOR=vi

I think you have taken another session and then tried to crontab -e but the EDITOR wasn't set permanently hence it has given you 96 [the number of characrers].

Regards,
Vishal

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab entry

hi all how to schedule a cron job running on last day of every third month at 12 midnight will the following work 0 0 30,31 3,6,9,12 * <required file> thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab entry

Sometimes cron really upsets me and I cant figure out these types of wierd dates, but how do I get cron to run something on every other sunday? I am running Solaris 8. -S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Entry

Hi Everyone , have a nice day given below is the line i have added in crontab * * * * * /Rauf/script2.sh intended to run this script after every minute , when i run this script manually it runs fine and produces output , but after adding it to crontab ( like given above ) , it doesnt work ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
5 Replies

4. Solaris

crontab entry

Hi, i need to setup a cronjob that has will execute iostat command from morning to evening time. for instance the timing has will be like this. 8:00 A.M -- 6:00P.M how to define this entry in crontab Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaweedak
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl crontab entry not working

Hi I have a perl script which used 'glance' command to return all the processes with the thread count. It is working fine when it is executed as a command, but as a crontab entry, the perl script is not getting executed. thdcnt.pl #!/usr/bin/perl my $cmd=`glance -bootup -adviser_only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaac
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry

What should be the crontab entry for a script: to run at 3:00 AM EST Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry is not working

Hi I am trying to test the crontab entry by setting time as below ( set ahead more than 3min before saving the cron) crontab entry: 30 15 1-27 * * && (cd /scripts;./script.csh.prod.UAT /dev/null 2>&1) But this is not working, but below one is working. 30 15 1-27 * * (cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry

Is this the correct entry to touch a file on 6/6 5AM? 00 05 06 06 * touch /support/home/.no_copy Please use next time code tags for your code and data (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Me XMan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry 30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
13 Replies
NM-CONNECTION-EDITOR(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   NM-CONNECTION-EDITOR(1)

NAME
nm-connection-editor - network connection editor for NetworkManager SYNOPSIS
nm-connection-editor [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
nm-connection-editor is a GTK-based application to add, remove, and modify network connections stored by NetworkManager. NetworkManager must be running for any network connections to be added, removed, or modified. OPTIONS
-t, --type=<type> Type of connection to create or show. Values are NetworkManager setting names, eg "802-3-ethernet", "802-11-wireless", "bridge", "bond", "wimax", "infiniband", "vlan", etc. Does nothing if --create or --show is not given. -s, --show Expand or collapse the network list to highlight the network connection type given by --type. -c, --create Create a new connection of the type given by --type and allow the user to modify connection details. -e, --edit=<uuid> Show the network connection edit window for the connection of the given UUID. SEE ALSO
nmcli(1), NetworkManager(8), nm-applet(1). 15 February 2013 NM-CONNECTION-EDITOR(1)