Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove Corrupted Records in the file Post 302555266 by sk1418 on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 09:43:00 AM
Old 09-14-2011
same here....
does "corrupt" mean $2==$3==100?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all instances of duplicate records from the file

Hi experts, I am new to scripting. I have a requirement as below. File1: A|123|NAME1 A|123|NAME2 B|123|NAME3 File2: C|123|NAME4 C|123|NAME5 D|123|NAME6 1) I have 2 merge both the files. 2) need to do a sort ( key fields are first and second field) 3) remove all the instances... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate records

I want to remove the records based on duplicate. I want to remove if two or more records exists with combination fields. Those records should not come once also file abc.txt ABC;123;XYB;HELLO; ABC;123;HKL;HELLO; CDE;123;LLKJ;HELLO; ABC;123;LSDK;HELLO; CDF;344;SLK;TEST key fields are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Records

Hi frinds, Need your help. item , color ,desc ==== ======= ==== 1,red ,abc 1,red , a b c 2,blue,x 3,black,y 4,brown,xv 4,brown,x v 4,brown, x v I have to elemnet the duplicate rows on the basis of item. the final out put will be 1,red ,abc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove somewhat Duplicate records from a flat file

I have a flat file that contains records similar to the following two lines; 1984/11/08 7 700000 123456789 2 1984/11/08 1941/05/19 7 700000 123456789 2 The 123456789 2 represents an account number, this is how I identify the duplicate record. The ### signs represent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolney
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove particular records from a file???

I need to remove header(H) and trailer(T) from a file keeping other records as such. The source file will look as below I have to remove H|20120203_000500|20120203_000500 and T| 10111246 from the above file. Please let me know how to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate records from file 1 if records from file 2 match

I have 2 files "File 1" is delimited by ";" and "File 2" is delimited by "|". File 1 below (3 record shown): Doc1;03/01/2012;New York;6 Main Street;Mr. Smith 1;Mr. Jones Doc2;03/01/2012;Syracuse;876 Broadway;John Davis;Barbara Lull Doc3;03/01/2012;Buffalo;779 Old Windy Road;Charles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to remove certain records off a file.

New to unix. I have a couple files of 5 million records. I have a key field on those records. I have about 300 keys that I need to remove off the file, and I don't want to write a program to do it. I have used grep -v in the past and that works great for a few records, but I can't see myself... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)