Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change value to negative
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change value to negative Post 302555057 by sk1418 on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 05:39:16 PM
Old 09-13-2011
Code:
kent$  cat a.tmp
1023~B~b~c~22~e~f~g~h~04/22/14
8910~A~b~c~0~e~f~g~h~07/29/11
8910~A~b~c~10.23448~e~f~g~h~07/29/11

kent$  awk -F'~' 'BEGIN{OFS="~"}$2=="A"{$5=($5==0)?$5:"-"$5}1' a.tmp
8910~A~b~c~-10.23448~e~f~g~h~07/29/11

Or: [note, this rounds the numbers]

kent$  awk -F'~' 'BEGIN{OFS="~"}$2=="A"{$5=-$5}1' a.tmp                                                                                  
8910~A~b~c~-10.2345~e~f~g~h~07/29/11

This User Gave Thanks to sk1418 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

negative permissions

Hi. I want to know how can I negate a write permission for a file to an expecific user when that user have that permission becouse he belongs to a group what have a write permission for the file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickoboy
4 Replies

2. Programming

Negative Offset

Function: int fcntl(int fd, int cmd, struct flock * lock) Data Type: struct flock This structure is used with the fcntl function to describe a file lock. It has these members: off_t l_start This specifies the offset of the start of the region to which the lock applies, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
1 Replies

3. SCO

Help with negative inodes on sco 6

Hello. I just installed a SCO Openserver 6 box and it's suckin' mud. sar -v (see below) shows something that has me quite concerned... after time, it shows that the number of inodes being used as a negative value. When this happens, the server runs extremely slow until I reboot. The server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debtman3535
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find negative search

I have a config file as below. This file is delimited by ; First field is the starting directory for find command. Second field is -mtime value for the find command. Third field is combination of folder and file delimited by | /home/export/temp;+30;file1|dir1|file2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmoulee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCRE negative lookahead

I have read many tutorials and cannot get this to work. I need to use pcre (because that is what the library in the software we are using uses) and pcregrep everything except /home from the /etc/fstab pcregrep '(?!/home)' /etc/fstab It returns the entire fstab (This is on a RHEL5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Where Values Change From Positive To Negative and viceversa

Hi all, I have a file that looks like shown below. I want to find places where the value in column 2 change from negative to positive and vice versa and return the value on column 1 at that point. I wonder if this is possible in shell script or awk .. please help! Here is the original data ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Negative testing in Unix

How to do Negative testing in Unix ?? Please reply asap. Regards Esha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negative testing in unix

how can we do negative testing in unix ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Bits in Negative

Hi All, I have received a notification that I have posted a question double times. But I have not done all this intentionally. I have just joined this site and was not aware of the rules. Also I have my bits in negative. what does that mean. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
1 Replies
WCWIDTH(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						WCWIDTH(3)

NAME
wcwidth -- number of column positions of a wide-character code LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> int wcwidth(wchar_t wc); DESCRIPTION
The wcwidth() function determines the number of column positions required to display the wide character wc. RETURN VALUES
The wcwidth() function returns 0 if the wc argument is a nul wide character (L''), -1 if wc is not printable, otherwise it returns the num- ber of column positions the character occupies. EXAMPLES
This code fragment reads text from standard input and breaks lines that are more than 20 column positions wide, similar to the fold(1) util- ity: wint_t ch; int column, w; column = 0; while ((ch = getwchar()) != WEOF) { w = wcwidth(ch); if (w > 0 && column + w >= 20) { putwchar(L' '); column = 0; } putwchar(ch); if (ch == L' ') column = 0; else if (w > 0) column += w; } SEE ALSO
iswprint(3), wcswidth(3) STANDARDS
The wcwidth() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
August 17, 2004 BSD