Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change value to negative
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change value to negative Post 302555055 by sigh2010 on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 05:31:18 PM
Old 09-13-2011
for the awk code
Thanks for quick reply
2 issues:

1)It made 0 into -0 which create and issue to process file
2) It is rounding the numbers. Can we keep the number or round to 2 decimals at least?

that is all

thanks again

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

negative permissions

Hi. I want to know how can I negate a write permission for a file to an expecific user when that user have that permission becouse he belongs to a group what have a write permission for the file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickoboy
4 Replies

2. Programming

Negative Offset

Function: int fcntl(int fd, int cmd, struct flock * lock) Data Type: struct flock This structure is used with the fcntl function to describe a file lock. It has these members: off_t l_start This specifies the offset of the start of the region to which the lock applies, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
1 Replies

3. SCO

Help with negative inodes on sco 6

Hello. I just installed a SCO Openserver 6 box and it's suckin' mud. sar -v (see below) shows something that has me quite concerned... after time, it shows that the number of inodes being used as a negative value. When this happens, the server runs extremely slow until I reboot. The server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debtman3535
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find negative search

I have a config file as below. This file is delimited by ; First field is the starting directory for find command. Second field is -mtime value for the find command. Third field is combination of folder and file delimited by | /home/export/temp;+30;file1|dir1|file2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmoulee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCRE negative lookahead

I have read many tutorials and cannot get this to work. I need to use pcre (because that is what the library in the software we are using uses) and pcregrep everything except /home from the /etc/fstab pcregrep '(?!/home)' /etc/fstab It returns the entire fstab (This is on a RHEL5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Where Values Change From Positive To Negative and viceversa

Hi all, I have a file that looks like shown below. I want to find places where the value in column 2 change from negative to positive and vice versa and return the value on column 1 at that point. I wonder if this is possible in shell script or awk .. please help! Here is the original data ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Negative testing in Unix

How to do Negative testing in Unix ?? Please reply asap. Regards Esha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negative testing in unix

how can we do negative testing in unix ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Bits in Negative

Hi All, I have received a notification that I have posted a question double times. But I have not done all this intentionally. I have just joined this site and was not aware of the rules. Also I have my bits in negative. what does that mean. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
1 Replies
round(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions						 round(3M)

NAME
round, roundf, roundl - round to nearest integer value in floating-point format SYNOPSIS
c99 [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <math.h> double round(double x); float roundf(float x); long double roundl(long double x); DESCRIPTION
These functions round their argument to the nearest integer value in floating-point format, rounding halfway cases away from 0, regardless of the current rounding direction. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return the rounded integer value. If x is NaN, a NaN is returned. If x is +-0 or +- Inf, x is returned. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
feclearexcept(3M), fetestexcept(3M), math.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 12 Jul 2006 round(3M)