Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change value to negative
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change value to negative Post 302555042 by birei on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 05:12:22 PM
Old 09-13-2011
Hi,

Using Perl:
Code:
$ cat infile
1234~A~b~c~10~e~f~g~h~09/10/09
1234~A~b~c~75~e~f~g~h~11/12/10
1234~A~b~c~40~e~f~g~h~12/06/10
5678~B~b~c~2~e~f~g~h~01/11/11
5678~B~b~c~6~e~f~g~h~03/28/13
8910~A~b~c~80~e~f~g~h~07/29/11
1023~B~b~c~15~e~f~g~h~10/22/09
1023~B~b~c~22~e~f~g~h~04/22/14
$ perl -F"~" -lane 'printf "%s\n", join "~", @F[0..3], $F[1] eq "A" ? $F[4]*-1 : $F[4], @F[5..$#F]' infile 
1234~A~b~c~-10~e~f~g~h~09/10/09
1234~A~b~c~-75~e~f~g~h~11/12/10
1234~A~b~c~-40~e~f~g~h~12/06/10
5678~B~b~c~2~e~f~g~h~01/11/11
5678~B~b~c~6~e~f~g~h~03/28/13
8910~A~b~c~-80~e~f~g~h~07/29/11
1023~B~b~c~15~e~f~g~h~10/22/09
1023~B~b~c~22~e~f~g~h~04/22/14

Regards,
Birei

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

negative permissions

Hi. I want to know how can I negate a write permission for a file to an expecific user when that user have that permission becouse he belongs to a group what have a write permission for the file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickoboy
4 Replies

2. Programming

Negative Offset

Function: int fcntl(int fd, int cmd, struct flock * lock) Data Type: struct flock This structure is used with the fcntl function to describe a file lock. It has these members: off_t l_start This specifies the offset of the start of the region to which the lock applies, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
1 Replies

3. SCO

Help with negative inodes on sco 6

Hello. I just installed a SCO Openserver 6 box and it's suckin' mud. sar -v (see below) shows something that has me quite concerned... after time, it shows that the number of inodes being used as a negative value. When this happens, the server runs extremely slow until I reboot. The server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debtman3535
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find negative search

I have a config file as below. This file is delimited by ; First field is the starting directory for find command. Second field is -mtime value for the find command. Third field is combination of folder and file delimited by | /home/export/temp;+30;file1|dir1|file2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmoulee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCRE negative lookahead

I have read many tutorials and cannot get this to work. I need to use pcre (because that is what the library in the software we are using uses) and pcregrep everything except /home from the /etc/fstab pcregrep '(?!/home)' /etc/fstab It returns the entire fstab (This is on a RHEL5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Where Values Change From Positive To Negative and viceversa

Hi all, I have a file that looks like shown below. I want to find places where the value in column 2 change from negative to positive and vice versa and return the value on column 1 at that point. I wonder if this is possible in shell script or awk .. please help! Here is the original data ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Negative testing in Unix

How to do Negative testing in Unix ?? Please reply asap. Regards Esha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negative testing in unix

how can we do negative testing in unix ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Bits in Negative

Hi All, I have received a notification that I have posted a question double times. But I have not done all this intentionally. I have just joined this site and was not aware of the rules. Also I have my bits in negative. what does that mean. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
1 Replies
Cgroup classifier in tc(8)                                             Linux                                            Cgroup classifier in tc(8)

NAME
cgroup - control group based traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... cgroup [ match EMATCH_TREE ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
This filter serves as a hint to tc that the assigned class ID of the net_cls control group the process the packet originates from belongs to should be used for classification. Obviously, it is useful for locally generated packets only. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. match EMATCH_TREE Match packets using the extended match infrastructure. See tc-ematch(8) for a detailed description of the allowed syntax in EMATCH_TREE. EXAMPLES
In order to use this filter, a net_cls control group has to be created first and class as well as process ID(s) assigned to it. The follow- ing creates a net_cls cgroup named "foobar": modprobe cls_cgroup mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls mount -t cgroup -onet_cls net_cls /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls mkdir /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar To assign a class ID to the created cgroup, a file named net_cls.classid has to be created which contains the class ID to be assigned as a hexadecimal, 64bit wide number. The upper 32bits are reserved for the major handle, the remaining hold the minor. So a class ID of e.g. ff:be has to be written like so: 0xff00be (leading zeroes may be omitted). To continue the above example, the following assigns class ID 1:2 to foobar cgroup: echo 0x10002 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/net_cls.classid Finally some PIDs can be assigned to the given cgroup: echo 1234 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/tasks echo 5678 > /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls/foobar/tasks Now by simply attaching a cgroup filter to a qdisc makes packets from PIDs 1234 and 5678 be pushed into class 1:2. SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-ematch(8), the file Documentation/cgroups/net_cls.txt of the Linux kernel tree iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Cgroup classifier in tc(8)