Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: matching group of words
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting matching group of words Post 302554989 by mira on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 02:22:40 PM
Old 09-13-2011
Bug matching group of words

Hi,

I am stuck with a problem, will be thankful for your guidance and help.

I have two files. Each line is a group of words with first word as group Id. eg. 'gp1' in File1 and 'grp1' in File2.

Code:

<File1> 
gp1 : xyz xys3 syt2 ssx itt kty
gp2 : syt2 kgk iti op2 
gp3 : ppy yt5 itt sky utw yry

Code:

<File2>
grp1 : yt5 utw
grp2 : iti op2 kty
grp3 : kty xys3 syt2 
grp4 : utw ppy
grp5 : xyz iti yt5
grp6 : ssx xyz

I want to find out which (complete) group of words of file2 occur in group of words in File1. So, each line of file2 is searched against each line of file1.

The output file should give which groups of file2 were found in which groups of file1.

Code:

<OutFile>
gp1 : grp3 grp6
gp2 : None
gp3 : grp1 grp4

Last edited by mira; 09-13-2011 at 06:40 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting file words as pattern matching

Sir, I want to check for the repation of a user address in a file i used || as my delimiter and want to check repetaip0n of the address that is mailid and then i have to use IMAP and all. How can i do this... I am in linux ...and my file is linux file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

matching words using regular expressions

following file is taken as input aaa bbb ccc ddd eee ffff grep -w aaa <filename> gives proper output. grep \<\(aaa\).*\> filename :- should give output, since aaa is at begining, however i dosen't get any ouput. Any discrepancy. machine details:- Linux anaconda... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to from grep command from a file which contains matching words?

Hi all I have a file with below content (content is variable whenever new product is launched). I need form a grep command like this egrep "Unknown product|Invalid symboland so on" How to do it using a script? Unknown product Invalid symbol No ILX exch found exceeds maximum size AFX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching words in Perl

Hi, I have an array in which one column can contain any statement. From multiple rows of that column I want to match the statement like "Execution Started." If that row contains "Execution started." then only I have to fetch other data of other columns of that particular row. I dont want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matching words

Hi All, I have searched the forum and tried to print only matching(pattern) words from the file, but its printing entire line. I tried with grep -w. I am on sunsolaris. Eg: cat file A|A|F1|F2|A|F3|A A|F10|F11|F14|A| F20|A|F21|A|F25 I have to search for F (F followed by numbers) and ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsjdrr
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding numbers matching with words

Hi All, I have a file which looks like this: abc 1 abc 2 abc 3 abc 4 abc 5 bcd 1 bcd 3 bcd 3 bcd 5 cde 7 This file is just a miniature version of what I really have. Original file is some 1 million lines long. I have tried to come up with the code for what I wish to accomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move a group of words before another group of words

Hi I have a file containing lines with several consecutive words starting with a capital letter (i.e. Zuvaia Flex), followed by "de The New Foul", and I would like to put "The New Foul" before the group with capital letters and delete "de" From the line: Le short femme Zuvaia Flex de The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get group of consecutive uppercase words using gawk

Hi I'd like to extract, from a text file, the strings starting with "The Thing" and only composed of words with a capital first letter and apostrophes, like for example: "The Thing I Only" from "those are the The Thing I Only go for whatever." or "The Thing That Are Like Men's Eyewear" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression matching whole words

Hi Consider the file this is a good line when running grep '\b(good|great|excellent)\b' file5 I expect it to match the line but it doesn't... what am i doing wrong?? (ultimately this regex will be in a awk script- just using grep to test it) Thanks, Storms (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storms
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print ALL matching words in a string

Hi. str=" {aaID=z_701; time=2012-10-08 00:00:00.000}; {aaID=S_300; time=2012-10-08 00:00:00.000}]}; ansokningsunderlag={anmaln......} {aaID=x_500; time=2012-10-08 00:00:00.000}]}; ansokningsunderlag={anmaln......}" I want to print: z_701 S_300 x_500 if I use : echo $str | sed -n... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddan25
4 Replies
CP(1)							      General Commands Manual							     CP(1)

NAME
cp - copy SYNOPSIS
cp [ -ip ] file1 file2 cp [ -ipr ] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
File1 is copied onto file2. By default, the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if it already existed; otherwise the mode of the source file modified by the current umask(2) is used. The -p option causes cp to attempt to preserve (duplicate) in its copies the modification times and modes of the source files, ignoring the present umask. In the second form, one or more files are copied into the directory with their original file-names. Cp refuses to copy a file onto itself. If the -i option is specified, cp will prompt the user with the name of the file whenever the copy will cause an old file to be overwrit- ten. An answer of 'y' will cause cp to continue. Any other answer will prevent it from overwriting the file. If the -r option is specified and any of the source files are directories, cp copies each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a directory. SEE ALSO
cat(1), mv(1), rcp(1C) 4th Berkeley Distribution June 8, 1985 CP(1)