Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Squid Configuration Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Squid Configuration Help Post 302554972 by Corona688 on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 01:53:36 PM
Old 09-13-2011
If you control DNS in your office, you might be able to block the domain name itself.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Me Squid Server

Hello! I'm trying config Squid Cache Server...Where ? Can me find document about config Squid (Basic)... Thanks you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binhnx2000
4 Replies

2. Linux

Problem with SQUID

hi all... i installed Red Hat 9...but i can use a proxy server with service squid... in my job i have a direct internet connection in the linux, but i configurate squid.conf...ports...ip's.... but still not working...with the windows machines.... in the linux server if i put the 127.0.0.0 port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

squid anonymizer

Hello; some sites describe how to anonymize the squid the web browsing by inserting the following cods to “http.c” file that located on “src” directory.(when we install squid manually) but I have installed putty via “yum” command , and the files and directories are not similar the manually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalvpn
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Squid Configuration problem

I have squid version 2.6 running on ubuntu linux as a proxycache although caching is not being used, the problem I have is that certain websites that require the user to log into do not seem to pass through the squid, the only thing I see is that the website is trying to access a file called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Simon Young
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Squid acls

Hi guys, There is a line in squid default configuration: # Deny CONNECT to other than secure SSL ports http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports acls are applied from top down, so CONNECT acl will deny access to all non SSL and SSL ports. I mean it never reaches the second access rule. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

SQUID Proxy server configuration

Can any one direct me to the resources where I can find in-depth instructions on Squid Proxy server and its configuration? Thanks in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Squid Dynamic Proxy Server Configuration

Hello all, I am trying to configure squid proxy server for different organizations. These organizations will have different blocked ports, different acls, etc. But, I can use only one proxy server for this purpose. Thinking of making a shell script with iptables and squid. For an example: a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

9. Linux

squid + AD configuration issues

Hi, I am new in squid. We need to make our squid users to be authenticated by Windows AD. The squid proxy is installed on SuSE linux. Here are AD related settings: auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/squid_ldap_auth -P -R -v 3 \ -b "dc=mydomain,dc=com" \ -D cn=squid.bind,ou=service... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Issues with squid

Hello, I have been trying to setup the following squid configuration http://veloso.org/SquidConfig/SquidConfig.html but every time I get to start squid I get the following error- 2012/05/28 10:31:12| WARNING: redirector #1 (FD 7) exited 2012/05/28 10:31:12| WARNING: redirector #2 (FD 9)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Mailbox - DNS mailbox representation SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Mailbox; $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('user@example.com'); $address = $mailbox->address; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox module implements a subclass of DNS domain name objects representing the DNS coded form of RFC822 mailbox address. METHODS
new $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John.Doe@example.com'); $mailbox = new Net::DNS::Mailbox('John Doe <j.doe@example.com>'); Creates a mailbox object which represents the DNS domain encoded form of the mail address specified by the character string argument. The argument string consists of printable characters from the 7-bit ASCII repertoire. address $address = $mailbox->address; Returns a character string containing the RFC822 mailbox address corresponding to the encoded domain name representation described in RFC1035 section 8. DOMAIN NAME COMPRESSION AND CANONICALISATION
The Net::DNS::Mailbox1035 and Net::DNS::Mailbox2535 subclass packages implement RFC1035 domain name compression and RFC2535 canonicalisation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009,2012 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, RFC822, RFC1035, RFC5322 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Mailbox(3)