Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers stunnell log file has reached its limit Post 302554578 by Peasant on Monday 12th of September 2011 11:29:26 AM
Old 09-12-2011
Disk is full probably, /var mountpoint, you can check with df -h

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected.

Hello everyone! I wrote a script for backing up a folder. It goes fine but today it started to spit out this error, when a folder is taring: tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected. I didn't make any changes! - OS: UNIX AIX ibm 3 - the folder I'm trying to tar is 11Gb large... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Funky_ass
4 Replies

2. SCO

cpio: Ulimit reached for file output

I am trying run cpio backing up to tape, but I get the above error. Can anyone assist please as I am sleeping at work today. I tried setting the ulimit to unlimited but when I rebooted the server it came back with another value and I cannot run my backup now.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustytina
0 Replies

3. Linux

Limit size of log file from syslog

Hi, I'm using Linux 2.6 cross compiled for a embedded powerpc. Earlier we were using busybox syslogd for logging the messages, but as the flexibilty is less, we decided to move to standard syslog. Now I want to limit the size of the log file (/var/log/messages) to 128K. I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log Size Exceeds Limit

Everytime I try to start Discreet Flame on my Octane2 machine it keeps giving me an error message "initial log size exceeds limit--aborting" Can anyone please help me how to fix this problem. Thanks. Octane2 IRIX64 Release 6.5 Flame 2007 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewaraja
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Log Size Exceeds Limit

Everytime I try to start Discreet Flame on my Octane2 machine it keeps giving me an error message "initial log size exceeds limit--aborting" Can anyone please help me how to fix this problem. Thanks. Octane2 IRIX64 Release 6.5 Flame 2007 (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Size Exceeds Limit

Everytime I try to start Discreet Flame on my Octane2 machine it keeps giving me an error message "initial log size exceeds limit--aborting" Can anyone please help me how to fix this problem. Thanks. Octane2 IRIX64 Release 6.5 Flame 2007 (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check space of directories and send email if it has reached threshold limit

Hi, I need help in writing unix script for checking space of some directories on the system and also send an email when it reaches the threshold limit. I have written the followng code; #!/bin/ksh ADMIN="me@somewhere.com" # set alert level 80% is default THRESHOLD=80 df | grep -E... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment and find closest value until the end of the file is reached.

Hi all, I have a file which looks like: 0 1.1985506 1 1.2237930 2 1.2159038 3 1.2668828 4 1.2650216 5 1.2474344 6 1.2817688 7 1.2721698 8 1.2665005 9 1.2826315 10 1.2797879 11 1.3201736 12 1.3116595 13 1.3361583 14 1.3309238 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezitoc
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Autosys R11.3 : Error on log file size limit

Just had a migration from Autosys 4.5 to R11.3. After the migration to R11.3, Autosys jobs have been failing when the log file reaches a size of 800 MB. This did not happen before the migration, when Autosys 4.5 was used. Is there a way to configure the file size limit/cap in Autosys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimo222
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to confirm that I've reached the nproc limit?

Hi, I am getting the error su: cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable. In limits.conf, it shows soft nproc 2047 for this user. ps H -u | wc -l shows 508 processes only. Linux flavour is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.10 (Tikanga) Any advice will be much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
HFS.UTIL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       HFS.UTIL(8)

NAME
hfs.util -- HFS/HFS+ file system utility SYNOPSIS
hfs.util -m device mountpoint [mountflag1] [mountflag2] [mountflag3] [mountflag4] hfs.util -p device [mountflag1] [mountflag2] [mountflag3] [mountflag4] hfs.util -J [size] mountpoint hfs.util -U mountpoint hfs.util -N device hfs.util -I mountpoint hfs.util [-aksu] device DESCRIPTION
The hfs.util command supports the mounting, probing, and unmounting of HFS file systems. Options: -a Adopt permissions for the HFS file system at device -I Print out status information about the journal on the HFS file system at mountpoint -J [size] Enable journaling on the HFS file system mounted on mountpoint. An optional size may be specified (e.g. 32M for a 32 megabyte journal). -k Get the UUID key for the HFS file system at device. -m Mount the HFS file system located on device onto mountpoint with the flags mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 -M Force mount the HFS file system located on device onto mountpoint with the flags mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4. This is a deprecated option. -N Disable journaling on a HFS+ file system located at device -p Probe the device for an HFS file system using the flags mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 -s Set the UUID key (generates a new UUID value) for the HFS file system at device -u Unmount the HFS file system located at device -U Disable journaling on the HFS+ file system mounted on mountpoint The mountflags referenced above are either: o removable or fixed o readonly or writeable o suid or nosuid o dev or nodev Note that for the device references above, you must only supply the last component of the path to the device in question, such as disk0s2 rather than /dev/disk0s2. SEE ALSO
diskarbitrationd(8) HISTORY
Derived from the Openstep Workspace Manager file system utility programs. Darwin July 16, 2003 Darwin