Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crontab script Post 302554434 by atulbassi83 on Monday 12th of September 2011 04:37:35 AM
Old 09-12-2011
same issue

Thanks for the reply..i have tried but still result is same.. SmilieSmilie
Code:
[core4.1_txn5@stack1-srv1 SCRIPTS]$ cat atul
A=`date| cut -d" " -f1-4; top -d 1 -n 1 | awk '/^CPU states/ {print $3,$5,$7,$9} /^Mem/ {print $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10}'`
echo "$A"
[core4.1_txn5@stack1-srv1 SCRIPTS]$
[core4.1_txn5@stack1-srv1 SCRIPTS]$ crontab -l
* * * * * ./SCRIPTS/atul >> /home/core4.1_txn5/SCRIPTS/output
[core4.1_txn5@stack1-srv1 SCRIPTS]$ date
Mon Sep 12 13:51:02 IST 2011
[core4.1_txn5@stack1-srv1 SCRIPTS]$ cat output
Mon Sep 12 13:47:01
Mon Sep 12 13:48:01
Mon Sep 12 13:49:01
Mon Sep 12 13:50:02

Last edited by Franklin52; 09-12-2011 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i use crontab in a script?

hi.. i wolud like to know if itīs possible use the crontab command in my script. the idea is what the script starts automatically, but i donīt know how to do it. please, help me.... thanks jonathan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a script to modify the crontab

I want to add one line to the end of my crontab using a script. I have tried piping in the editor commands, but I can't get it to work. crontab -e user << EX $a This is the text I want to add. . wq EX This doesn't work. Is there an easier way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmsucpe
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab a Script

I know my question maybe eazy, but it realy cause a problem for me I have a Perl script to run and get some output, I run this script using perl /moutaz/ciscolog/telnet.pl I made another script as follow:(/moutaz/ciscolog/script) #!/bin/bash perl /moutaz/ciscolog/telnet.pl cp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moutaz1983
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a script to Crontab?

Hi! We are on AIX 5.3 I have a script that must be run once every hour. How do i add this to the crontab? I know how to access crontab which is, crontab -e. What do i do after that ? If i have the path to the script? Thank you!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
4 Replies

5. Solaris

pl script in crontab

Hi I have successfukky created a sh script that runs perfectly well when run. It contains within a pl script that when run through a crontab will not run. Are there restrictions running a pl in cron? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab script

Hi guys Can someone help me with a crontab script please? I have to sort the files from /bin and put the first 3 of then (with size and path) in /home/user/bin_size i write the command: find /bin/ | xargs ls -lS | awk 'FNR<4{print($5, $9)}' > /home/user/bin_size which is working but when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G30
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab script

Hi guys Can someone help me with a crontab script please? I have to sort the files from /bin and put the first 3 of then (with size and path) in /home/user/bin_size i write the command: find /bin/ | xargs ls -lS | awk 'FNR<4{print($5, $9)}' > /home/user/bin_size which is working but when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: G30
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab + Script + .sql

Hi guys today i'll bring to you a new problem that i need to execute. So what i need to do it's create a script that: conect to some database logon run a .sql script logoff and close the connection after that, put this script on the crontab To set up the crontab it's ok for me, i think... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not running script

Hi All, I am having the below script to be run from crontab, it it doesnt run. 1 * * * * /home/cobr_ext/test.sh > /home/cobr_ext/temp.txt when i run i manally it runs without any issues. Could please help me as to why doesnt it run the script.:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab in script

I have crontab setup via crontab -e I was wondering if its possible to create a cron job from a script so when the script is run the cron job is created? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptnewbie
3 Replies
CGI::Fast(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    CGI::Fast(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Fast - CGI Interface for Fast CGI SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Fast qw(:standard); $COUNTER = 0; while (new CGI::Fast) { print header; print start_html("Fast CGI Rocks"); print h1("Fast CGI Rocks"), "Invocation number ",b($COUNTER++), " PID ",b($$),".", hr; print end_html; } DESCRIPTION
CGI::Fast is a subclass of the CGI object created by CGI.pm. It is specialized to work well FCGI module, which greatly speeds up CGI scripts by turning them into persistently running server processes. Scripts that perform time-consuming initialization processes, such as loading large modules or opening persistent database connections, will see large performance improvements. OTHER PIECES OF THE PUZZLE
In order to use CGI::Fast you'll need the FCGI module. See http://www.cpan.org/ for details. WRITING FASTCGI PERL SCRIPTS
FastCGI scripts are persistent: one or more copies of the script are started up when the server initializes, and stay around until the server exits or they die a natural death. After performing whatever one-time initialization it needs, the script enters a loop waiting for incoming connections, processing the request, and waiting some more. A typical FastCGI script will look like this: #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Fast; &do_some_initialization(); while ($q = new CGI::Fast) { &process_request($q); } Each time there's a new request, CGI::Fast returns a CGI object to your loop. The rest of the time your script waits in the call to new(). When the server requests that your script be terminated, new() will return undef. You can of course exit earlier if you choose. A new version of the script will be respawned to take its place (this may be necessary in order to avoid Perl memory leaks in long-running scripts). CGI.pm's default CGI object mode also works. Just modify the loop this way: while (new CGI::Fast) { &process_request; } Calls to header(), start_form(), etc. will all operate on the current request. INSTALLING FASTCGI SCRIPTS
See the FastCGI developer's kit documentation for full details. On the Apache server, the following line must be added to srm.conf: AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcgi FastCGI scripts must end in the extension .fcgi. For each script you install, you must add something like the following to srm.conf: FastCgiServer /usr/etc/httpd/fcgi-bin/file_upload.fcgi -processes 2 This instructs Apache to launch two copies of file_upload.fcgi at startup time. USING FASTCGI SCRIPTS AS CGI SCRIPTS
Any script that works correctly as a FastCGI script will also work correctly when installed as a vanilla CGI script. However it will not see any performance benefit. EXTERNAL FASTCGI SERVER INVOCATION
FastCGI supports a TCP/IP transport mechanism which allows FastCGI scripts to run external to the webserver, perhaps on a remote machine. To configure the webserver to connect to an external FastCGI server, you would add the following to your srm.conf: FastCgiExternalServer /usr/etc/httpd/fcgi-bin/file_upload.fcgi -host sputnik:8888 Two environment variables affect how the "CGI::Fast" object is created, allowing "CGI::Fast" to be used as an external FastCGI server. (See "FCGI" documentation for "FCGI::OpenSocket" for more information.) FCGI_SOCKET_PATH The address (TCP/IP) or path (UNIX Domain) of the socket the external FastCGI script to which bind an listen for incoming connections from the web server. FCGI_LISTEN_QUEUE Maximum length of the queue of pending connections. For example: #!/usr/local/bin/perl # must be a FastCGI version of perl! use CGI::Fast; &do_some_initialization(); $ENV{FCGI_SOCKET_PATH} = "sputnik:8888"; $ENV{FCGI_LISTEN_QUEUE} = 100; while ($q = new CGI::Fast) { &process_request($q); } CAVEATS
I haven't tested this very much. AUTHOR INFORMATION
Copyright 1996-1998, Lincoln D. Stein. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Address bug reports and comments to: lstein@cshl.org BUGS
This section intentionally left blank. SEE ALSO
CGI::Carp, CGI perl v5.12.1 2010-07-01 CGI::Fast(3pm)