Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Operating System Programming
Special Forums IP Networking Operating System Programming Post 302553971 by Sajan Gupta on Friday 9th of September 2011 10:30:28 AM
Old 09-09-2011
Operating System Programming

I am new in Kernel programming....i want to know how kernel is implemented.To this i have downloaded minix 3 kernel but i do not know where to start my study of kernel programming...please tell me from where to start understanding the code and how to run kernel in windows 7 or red hat.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Operating System and Programming languages

I'm trying to create an operating system. Just as a small hobby, it will not be anything big I am trying to get some practice. Does anyone reccomend a certain programming language because I dont know which one to use. Any help please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacx2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating system details

How to get operating system details of a Unix box. I want to know if an OS is a 32 bit Os or a 64 bit OS. uname -aX does not provide this detail. Thanks, Rahul. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operating system LINUX

Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced. Each product will be produced in different production line. Ready products will be placed in a buffer area located at the end of each production line. Packaging workers will pack the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paradise
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best Operating System

Hello All, I want to install Linux on my machine, so please tell me one thing which is the best to install- 1.)Red Hat 2.)Cent OS 3.)Red Hat 4.)Ubuntu 5.)Fedora except that if there is any please tell me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect Operating System

Hi, I need a script that needs to detect the Operating System and based upon wheter it is Linux, Solaris x86, Sparc, Itanium etc it should populate "ps" command with detailed output accordingly for example: ps -xef | grep java -> Itaniumps -auxwww | greap java -> Solaris (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)