Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to install drivers in Fedora 15 Post 302553694 by mark54g on Thursday 8th of September 2011 09:33:50 AM
Old 09-08-2011
First, make sure the drivers are not already loaded. run lspci -v

also run lsmod

lastly, are you running 32 or 64bit Fedora?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

here's how i did a very simple install of invidia drivers

ok i got the nvida drivers for mandrake9 rpm there is 3 rpms you must have glx ,kernel and something else email me if you want the precompiled drivers :: email removed :: once i got the drivers in stalled then i reseted the computer then i put the 1cd of mandrake9 in and did a upgrade i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
2 Replies

2. Linux

Trying to install Fedora Core 3...

Hiya all, Hope you can help. I keep getting the same Error message when I try to install. I have tried several different Diskettes. And I finally ordered CDs from "FASTDISCs". The install "disc Checks" passed fine on these. The error: "The package usbitils-0.11.6.1 cannot be opened. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Install Oracle on Fedora Linux

I have a Fedora Linux server in my office. I want to install an Oracle 10.1.0 Client on this server. I have root access to this box and I have thee zip file of the Client installation. Can anyone let me know the steps. I assume the following. . Create an Oracle user. . Assign a password and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
0 Replies

5. Linux

Fedora Install Help

Hi, I have just bought a new Laptop HP Pavillion dv6646us which came with pre-loaded Vista which has stupidly occupied all 140 GB of hard disk with around 8 GB for System Recovery on another disk. Both disks are primary partitions Now, I want to install Fedora in the primary partition and if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MULTIVERSE
2 Replies

6. Debian

Kernel source not found. (can't install network card drivers)

I've had no luck with help on linuxquestions so I figured I'd try here. I'm using debian etch. The problem is that I can not install my network card because it says: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. I have the kernel-headers installed. I've looked all over the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

Install Fedora core 10.0 packages

Hello All, I hv installed fedora 10 on my PC. At the time of installation, i skipped some of the other packages. Now i wanted to install the other packages from the DVD. How sholud i install the other packages. My DVD is bootable one which i got thru software magazines. So it contains FC 10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phpalerts
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Install telnet in Fedora 8 ?

Hi,I need to make a test on Fedora 8, with a Telnet... and seems NOT to beenabled.The package is installed, but if I have a look into /etc/xinedtd thereis no TELNET file ?Is there any changes into FEDORA 8 ?Plz help .. ...Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to properly install kernel in fedora 10?

Hello and thank you for looking into my question. Well my question is quite straight forward. I am trying to install the latest kernel ( from kernel.org under mainline directory ). But strange error messages are coming up. Can someone please guide me through steps how did you install kernel in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxys
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Install a Software on Fedora!

Hi, I've been busy since this afternoon with an editor called e3 installation process! I have the source code and I think that I have to make a .C file first then try make command ... ./configure doesn't work, there is no useful README and I am completely lost... The file for Fedora x86_64 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)