Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: folder not visible in ls -l
Operating Systems Solaris folder not visible in ls -l Post 302553028 by Mack1982 on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 11:54:14 AM
Old 09-06-2011
no luck, finding using inode doesn't work. du works too. I just want to remove the directory and create a new one. I don't think it contains any data.

Code:
[root@server] # find ./ -inum 67115 -exec ls -ial {} \;
find: stat() error ./ban_output: No such file or directory
[root@server] # find ./ -inum 67115 -exec cat {} \;
[root@server] # find ./ -inum 67115 -exec vi {} \;
[root@server] # du -sh * | grep -i ban
   0K   ban_output
[root@server] # rmdir ban_output
rmdir: directory "ban_ouput": Directory does not exist

df -h -> what does the following mean:
Code:
df: cannot statvfs /export/home/lumadmin/ban_output: No such file or directory

Last edited by Mack1982; 09-06-2011 at 12:59 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why are the xml tags not visible?

Could some one please tell me why, when I run the following php code: <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <?php $readfile = file("rss_file.xml"); for ($k=0; $k<=count($readfile)-1; $k++) { echo "$readfile<br>"; } </BODY> </HTML> the tags do not appear in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

2. Web Development

images are not visible

hi, why my uploaded images are not visible both in front-end and back-end of my CMS ? See the picture: http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/72686/noPics.png I checked the GD library in php. It seems ok... http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/72686/GD.png thanks ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A file system visible for solaris and windows?

Hi, I have a 1TB external iomega hard disk, and I want to plug it to a solaris 8 machine. The problem is that solaris doesn't recognize the NTFS file system partition. I was thinking of formatting it to FAT32, but I would like to know if anyone knows a better file system, considering: - I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dann-E
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

[ URGENT] - HDD visible to OS without reboot

Hi, I have added 30 GB Vmware Scsci disk in RHEL # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) I want to make this 30 GB visible to OS without reboot. Pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not visible hidden folder

Hi, In one folder there is a hidden folder. Whenever i do any ls -a i can't see the folder. However i can get into the folder by cd .foldername. Would you please help me to identify what is the problem here. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
13 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread 2nd page not visible

Hi, I am not able to see second page of my last post, giving me message database corrupted. Please check. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Groups is not visible

OS : SunOS 5.8 I am trying to add a user ad3059 to the following groups, A B C D ( four groups A,B,C,D) When i use usermod command and add the user to the above groups, and go to > groups ad3059 other C D It doesnt show A and B groups and shows it as other.Please advice on how... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi2089
13 Replies

8. Solaris

Disks are not visible in Veritas Volume manager

Hi I have created a new setup for VCS for doing some testing on virtual box. After creating 3 Solaris 10 machine (147148-26) with VCS. Here I have used one machine as ISCSI Storage. VCS Version is bash-3.2# /opt/VRTS/bin/haclus -value EngineVersion 6.0.10.0 bash-3.2# bash-3.2# pkginfo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
FIND(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   FIND(1)

NAME
find - find files SYNOPSIS
find pathname-list expression DESCRIPTION
Find recursively descends the directory hierarchy for each pathname in the pathname-list (i.e., one or more pathnames) seeking files that match a boolean expression written in the primaries given below. In the descriptions, the argument n is used as a decimal integer where +n means more than n, -n means less than n and n means exactly n. -name filename True if the filename argument matches the current file name. Normal Shell argument syntax may be used if escaped (watch out for `[', `?' and `*'). -perm onum True if the file permission flags exactly match the octal number onum (see chmod(1)). If onum is prefixed by a minus sign, more flag bits (017777, see stat(2)) become significant and the flags are compared: (flags&onum)==onum. -type c True if the type of the file is c, where c is b, c, d or f for block special file, character special file, directory or plain file. -links n True if the file has n links. -user uname True if the file belongs to the user uname (login name or numeric user ID). -group gname True if the file belongs to group gname (group name or numeric group ID). -size n True if the file is n blocks long (512 bytes per block). -inum n True if the file has inode number n. -atime n True if the file has been accessed in n days. -mtime n True if the file has been modified in n days. -exec command True if the executed command returns a zero value as exit status. The end of the command must be punctuated by an escaped semi- colon. A command argument `{}' is replaced by the current pathname. -ok command Like -exec except that the generated command is written on the standard output, then the standard input is read and the command executed only upon response y. -print Always true; causes the current pathname to be printed. -newer file True if the current file has been modified more recently than the argument file. The primaries may be combined using the following operators (in order of decreasing precedence): 1) A parenthesized group of primaries and operators (parentheses are special to the Shell and must be escaped). 2) The negation of a primary (`!' is the unary not operator). 3) Concatenation of primaries (the and operation is implied by the juxtaposition of two primaries). 4) Alternation of primaries (`-o' is the or operator). EXAMPLE
To remove all files named `a.out' or `*.o' that have not been accessed for a week: find / ( -name a.out -o -name '*.o' ) -atime +7 -exec rm {} ; FILES
/etc/passwd /etc/group SEE ALSO
sh(1), test(1), filsys(5) BUGS
The syntax is painful. FIND(1)