Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat backup/restore vir machine manager in red hat Post 302553022 by mark54g on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 11:40:05 AM
Old 09-06-2011
Just an FYI, you can't have a guest host. You either have a guest or a host. Perhaps you can find the documentation on the product at Red Hat's website.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat AS 2.1 Backup O/S

Hello, I have a Red Hat As 2.1 server and need to make a backup of the entire system, something similar to AIX's mksysb or HP-UX's Ignite, in case configuration changes that need to be made fail. Is this possible with RH AS 2.1? If so, how would this be accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zuessh
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

The Red Hat Cluster Manager Installation and

Linux RedHat Cluster Manager InstallationAdministrationGuide (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Machine configurations for Red Hat Linux 5.1

Hi! I have the following machine configurations: 1)Application Server: a)BIOS set to default settings. b)IBMx3650 machine. c)2 Intel Pentium 2.66 GHz Quad core or faster processors. d)16 GB RAM (500 MHz or faster) e)2 SAS drives (min of 146GB each) RAID 1 f)2 Gigabit Network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "sed" to update RECURSIVELY a value within a directory in a Red Hat Machine

Hi All, I spent the whole morning trying to create a shell script ( using "sed" command ) that looks for a value in a directory and its sub directory than changes it with another value but couldn't find the way :( a first step, allowded me to trace all the files that contain it and even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux? This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red Hat 5.5 live backup/restore

Hello, I'm trying to take a live backup of a red hat 5.5 64 bit server (with LVM). Afterwards I want to restore this backup on an empty server, so basicly I want to dublicate the server. But when I boot the server after the restore, I get stuck at "GRUB _" and changing the menu.lst-file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: strooma
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red Hat 6.5: Leap Day 29.02.2016 Impact on the Linux Machine

Hi Experts Is there any impact on the Linux Machine with respect to the Leap Day {29.02.2016}, which would be introduced next year as part of the Leap Year {2016}. From my application scope, I see no problems. Please comment. Regards Navkanwal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Backup of Red Hat Linux 5.9 Tikanga based server through Acronis 11.5

Hii, We are running a server with Red Hat Linux 5.9 tikanga version. We have scheduled the online image backup of the server through Acronis 11.5, the CPU utilization of the server is increasing upto 100%. and after sometime the server is going down. Can anyone help on the same?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek Kr Porwal
2 Replies
VIRT-VIEWER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    VIRT-VIEWER(1)

NAME
virt-viewer - display the graphical console for a virtual machine SYNOPSIS
virt-viewer [OPTIONS] DOMAIN-NAME|ID|UUID DESCRIPTION
virt-viewer is a minimal tool for displaying the graphical console of a virtual machine. The console is accessed using the VNC or SPICE protocol. The guest can be referred to based on its name, ID, or UUID. If the guest is not already running, then the viewer can be told to wait until is starts before attempting to connect to the console The viewer can connect to remote hosts to lookup the console information and then also connect to the remote console using the same network transport. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted when running "virt-viewer": -h, --help Display command line help summary -V, --version Display program version number -v, --verbose Display information about the connection -c URI, --connect=URI Specify the hypervisor connection URI -w, --wait Wait for the domain to start up before attempting to connect to the console -r, --reconnect Automatically reconnect to the domain if it shuts down and restarts -z PCT, --zoom=PCT Zoom level of the display window in percentage. Range 10-200. -d, --direct Do not attempt to tunnel the console over SSH, even if the main connection URI used SSH. -a, --attach Use libvirt to directly attach to a local display, instead of making a TCP/UNIX socket connection. This avoids the need to authentication with the remote display, if authentication with libvirt is already allowed. This option does not work with remote displays. -f, --full-screen Start with the window maximised to fullscreen --debug Print debugging information EXAMPLES
To connect to the guest called 'demo' running under Xen virt-viewer demo To connect to the guest with ID 7 running under QEMU virt-viewer --connect qemu:///system 7 To wait for the guest with UUID 66ab33c0-6919-a3f7-e659-16c82d248521 to startup and then connect, also reconnecting upon restart of VM virt-viewer --reconnect --wait 66ab33c0-6919-a3f7-e659-16c82d248521 To connect to a remote console using TLS virt-viewer --connect xen://example.org/ demo To connect to a remote host using SSH, lookup the guest config and then make a direct non-tunnelled connection of the console virt-viewer --direct --connect xen+ssh://root@example.org/ demo AUTHOR
Written by Daniel P. Berrange, based on the GTK-VNC example program gvncviewer. BUGS
Report bugs to the mailing list "http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/virt-tools-list" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2008 Red Hat, Inc., and various contributors. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html". There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
virsh(1), "virt-manager(1)", the project website "http://virt-manager.org" perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 VIRT-VIEWER(1)