Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to copy one file into another except some text Post 302552975 by AhmedLakadkutta on Tuesday 6th of September 2011 09:07:51 AM
Old 09-06-2011
How to minimize awk ?

Code:
cat abc.csv | awk -F"," '{ print  $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6","$7","$8","$9","$10","$11","$12","$13","$14","$15","$16",   "$18","$17 }' > xyz.csv

Input file: abc.csv contains 18 fields which are comma separated.
Output: xyz.csv file contains all those fields only difference in position of 17 and 18 such as 1,.....,16,17,18.
How to do in efficient way??

---------- Post updated at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:31 PM ----------

Input file content:
123,abc,345
123,abc,345
234,fgb,435
234,fgb,435
234,fgb,435
234,fgb,435

Output file content:
File 1 content: (Process only one record)
123,abc,345
234,fgb,435

File 2 Content(Reject File contain rest of the record):
123,abc,345
234,fgb,435
234,fgb,435
234,fgb,435

Concept:
Actually out of multiple same record i want to process only one record and move rest of record to reject file.How to perform reject file concept.??Smilie

Last edited by radoulov; 09-06-2011 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to copy the text output from a 'nohup.out' file.

Hello, I have a nohup.out file that, when executed, outputs a spreadsheet file with four-to-seven columns of number. I want to copy this output (in its entirety), so that I could then paste it on excel@ , or Notepad@. Please help, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iamthe great
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a string to a text file

I am using the following command to email a tex file as an attachment- cat mailtext.txt | elm -s "Subject" emailAddr where content of mailtext.txt is - "Body of email" This will attach foo.txt with the email. My problem is that the file foo.txt is ceated dynamically everytime with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxlxboy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to search for text in a file and copy file

Compete noob question.... I need a script to search through a directory and find files containing text string abcde1234 for example and then copy that file with that text string to another directory help please :eek: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imeadows
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy text with ed to new file ?

Alright, so in ed i do a subsititution: ed file << 'HERE' s/.*h2.*>\(.*\)<.*/\1/p HERE This gives me my desired line: Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional! But how would i put this line in a temporary file ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy selective lines from text file

Hello, I have a text file which I need to check for presence of certain tags, and then copy a subsequent portion of text into another file. The tag matching canbe done with Grep but I do not know how to copy selective lines from one file to another. Is it possible do that? I checked up some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hoe to copy selected strings from file into another text file

Hi Experts, I just want to copy some selected strings from a a file into a new .txt file . I am using below command to find the data now want to copy the search results into another .txt file please help me . find /Path -exec grep -w "filename1|filename1|filename1|" '{}' \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text and create new file

I have a directory with ~500 files that look like below. I need to copy each unique entry up until the second_ only once and put a .txt in place of the _. I am not quite sure how but have the below as a startThank you :). cp -u file1.txt "$(cat output.txt)" file1.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text from web page and add to file

I need help to make a script for Ubuntu to OSCam that copy the text on this website that only contains "C: ip port randomUSERNAME password" and want to exclude the text "C:" and replace the rest with the old in my test.server file. (line 22) device = ip,port (line 23) user =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baxarn
6 Replies
SCHEDCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       SCHEDCTL(8)

NAME
schedctl -- control scheduling of processes and threads SYNOPSIS
schedctl [-A cpus] [-C class] [-P pri] [-t lid] -p pid | command DESCRIPTION
The schedctl command can be used to control the scheduling of processes and threads. It also returns information about the current schedul- ing parameters of the process or thread. Only the super-user may change the scheduling parameters. schedctl can also be used to start a new command using the specified parameters. Available options: -A cpus Set of the processors on which process or thread should run, that is, affinity. Processors are defined as numbers (starting from zero) and separated by commas. A value of -1 is used to unset the affinity. -C class Scheduling class (policy), one of: SCHED_OTHER Time-sharing (TS) scheduling policy. The default policy in NetBSD. SCHED_FIFO First in, first out (FIFO) scheduling policy. SCHED_RR Round-robin scheduling policy. -P pri Priority for the process or thread. Value should be in the range from SCHED_PRI_MIN (0) to SCHED_PRI_MAX (63). Setting of prior- ity for the process or thread running at SCHED_OTHER policy is not allowed. -p pid The target process which will be affected. If the process has more than one thread, all of them will be affected. If -p is not given, a command to execute must be given on the command line. -t lid Thread in the specified process. If specified, only this thread in the process will be affected. May only be specified if -p is also given. EXAMPLES
Show scheduling information about the process whose ID is ``123'': # schedctl -p 123 Set the affinity to CPU 0 and CPU 1, policy to SCHED_RR, and priority to 63 for thread whose ID is ``1'' in process whose ID is ``123'': # schedctl -p 123 -t 1 -A 0,1 -C SCHED_RR -P 63 Run the top(1) command with real-time priority: # schedctl -C SCHED_FIFO top SEE ALSO
nice(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), psrset(8), renice(8) HISTORY
The schedctl command first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
March 21, 2011 BSD