Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identify high I/O procecess
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Identify high I/O procecess Post 302552751 by DGPickett on Monday 5th of September 2011 11:34:54 AM
Old 09-05-2011
Well, for all processes, add -e ! The ps man also describes how to customize the output. I/O loading is a per process sort of thing. Now, page faults are an I/O cost, too, but their cost may be imposed by other processes!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify the unix processes performing high disk i/o reads and writes

I would like to write shell/perl script which identifies the top unix processes that are performing high disk I/O's or/and writes If any one knows the solution please help me? -Swamy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

identify the unix process performing high disk i/o reads and writes

Guys, Is there any UNIX command that captures the 'Unix process which is performing high disk I/O reads and writes'. can you help me in this? -Swamy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
6 Replies

4. AIX

Script to identify high CPU usage processes

Hi Guys, I need to write a script capable of identifying when a high cpu utilitzation process. It sounds simple but we are on a AIX 5.3 environment with Virtual CPU's (VP's) and logical CPU's. Please any ideas or tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Harby. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify script please!

Have a script that I'm trying to adapt for something else, but I do not understand the following lines. Can anyone help? I know what expr does, `expr 8 + 2`, but: FILENAME=`expr //$FILE : '.*/\(.*\)'` UNPACKDIR=`echo $FILE | sed -e s/$FILENAME//g` Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify cause of high resource usage

hello all, on linux servers sometimes any of these resources (cpu,memory,disk) get a spike when you are not in front of the server. the duration of these spikes might be 5 mins or even whole weekend. my question is there a good way of capturing the events that caused these issues ( cpu or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
5 Replies
killall(1M)															       killall(1M)

NAME
killall - kill all active processes SYNOPSIS
[signal] DESCRIPTION
is a procedure used by to kill all active processes not directly related to the shutdown procedure. is chiefly used to terminate all processes with open files so that the mounted file systems are no longer busy and can be unmounted. sends the specified signal to all user processes in the system, with the following exceptions: the process; all processes (including background processes) associated with the terminal from which was invoked; any process, if owned by any process, if owned by any process; any process; any process. obtains its process information from and therefore may not be able to perfectly identify which processes to signal (see ps(1)). If no signal is specified, a default of (kill) is used. is invoked automatically by The use of is recommended over using by itself (see shutdown(1M)). FILES
SEE ALSO
fuser(1M), kill(1), ps(1), shutdown(1M), signal(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
killall(1M)