Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting strings from a log file. Post 302552727 by bartus11 on Monday 5th of September 2011 09:48:22 AM
Old 09-05-2011
I think you should post the data that you are using this code on, without any modifications...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting strings

Hi, How do I extract the bytes size string from the ls -l command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting strings from a file

I want to collect the characters from 1-10 and 20-30 from each line of the file and take them in a file in the following format.Can someone help me with this : string1,string2 string1,string2 string1,string2 : : : : (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmsdelhi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the lines between 2 strings of a file

Hi, I have a sql file and i need to extract the table names used in the sql file using a unix script. If i can extract the lines between the keywords 'FROM' and 'WHERE' in the file, my job is done. can somebody tell me how to do this using a shell script. If u can just let me know, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babloo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a set of strings from a text file

i have textfiles that contain a series of lines that look like this: string0 .................................................... column3a column4a string1**384y0439 ..................................... column3b column4b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting numbers from strings

Hello all, I am being dumb with this and I know there is a simple solution. I have a file with the follwing lines bc stuff (more)...............123 bc stuffagain (moretoo)............0 bc stuffyetagain (morehere)......34 failed L3 thing..............1 failed this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two strings, first instance only

There are a lot of ways to extract text from between two strings, but what if those strings occur multiple times and you only want the text from the first two strings? I can't seem to find anything to work here. I'm using sed to process the text after it's extracted, so I prefer a sed answer, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fubaya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two strings

Hi, I've looked at a few existing posts on this, but they don't seem to work for my inputs. I have a text file where I want to extract all the text between two strings, every time that occurs. Eg my input file is Anna said that she would fetch the bucket. Anna and Ben moved the bucket.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesForeman
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two constant strings

Hi All, I have a file whose common patter is like this: .I 1 .U 87049087 .S Some text here too .M This is a text .T Some another text here .P Name of the book .W Some lines of more text. This text needs to be extracted. .A more text goes here too .I 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting strings at various positions of text file

Hi Team - I hope everyone has been well! I export a file from one of our source systems that gives me more information than I need. The way the file outputs, I need to extract certain strings at different positions on the file and echo them to another file. I can do this in batch easily,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: extracting 2 strings from 1 line

Hi everyone. I am very new in bash scripting (and scripting at all). I've got lines like these: -rw-r--r-- 1 setub 1049089 27M mars 13 2017 arch_amiel_038g_f016r.tif -rw-r--r-- 1 setub 1049089 584K juin 9 2008 arch_amiel_composition.jpgI wish to extract 2 string types so that I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
4 Replies
CURLOPT_POST(3) 					     curl_easy_setopt options						   CURLOPT_POST(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POST - request a HTTP POST SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POST, long post); DESCRIPTION
A parameter set to 1 tells libcurl to do a regular HTTP post. This will also make the library use a "Content-Type: application/x-www-form- urlencoded" header. (This is by far the most commonly used POST method). Use one of CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3) or CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS(3) options to specify what data to post and CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3) or CUR- LOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3) to set the data size. Optionally, you can provide data to POST using the CURLOPT_READFUNCTION(3) and CURLOPT_READDATA(3) options but then you must make sure to not set CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3) to anything but NULL. When providing data with a callback, you must transmit it using chunked transfer-encod- ing or you must set the size of the data with the CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3) or CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3) options. To enable chunked encoding, you simply pass in the appropriate Transfer-Encoding header, see the post-callback.c example. You can override the default POST Content-Type: header by setting your own with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). Using POST with HTTP 1.1 implies the use of a "Expect: 100-continue" header. You can disable this header with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3) as usual. If you use POST to a HTTP 1.1 server, you can send data without knowing the size before starting the POST if you use chunked encoding. You enable this by adding a header like "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). With HTTP 1.0 or without chunked transfer, you must specify the size in the request. When setting CURLOPT_POST(3) to 1, it will automatically set CURLOPT_NOBODY(3) to 0. If you issue a POST request and then want to make a HEAD or GET using the same re-used handle, you must explicitly set the new request type using CURLOPT_NOBODY(3) or CURLOPT_HTTPGET(3) or similar. DEFAULT
0, disabled PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_HTTPPOST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POST(3)