Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Capture stdout from multiple processes Post 302552584 by tange on Sunday 4th of September 2011 05:20:25 PM
Old 09-04-2011
Your example is in C. If that is not a requirement, have a look at GNU Parallel which is made for running programs in parallel without having the output mix.

Watch the intro video: Part 1: GNU Parallel script processing and execution - YouTube

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to capture STDOUT

I am using a third party API to get some real time feed. When I run the command it shows the results properly: etd@mhs-apps5009 $ mamalistenc -m lbm -tport mamaqa -S MLALERTS -s KANA wFinancialStatus Type CTRL-C to exit. (null).MLALERTS.KANA Type: INITIAL Status OK wFinancialStatus |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks__
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to capture STDOut of script in a CGI script?

Hi Perl Experts, I am invoking a shell script thru a perl script and the perl script is cgi script.I need to capture the STDOUT of the shell script in the html page where I am invoking the script .?The shell script takes couple of mintutes to complete its execution .Mean while my html page does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I capture multiple lines of the status output of a command?

I need to know what the upload speed of an Internet connection. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to transfer a file via FTP to my server using the command: sh-3.2$ ftp -u ftp://username:password@computerdomain/directory/ file_to_be_uploaded Note: My environment allows me to issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz1528
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture child processes and change return values question

Thanks in advance. My environment is Ubuntu 9.04 desktop customized to be a high school classroom server for teaching code development. I have a unique "fake" jail called "lshell" which is very easy to setup and restricts users to commands that I dictate DISALLOWING ANYTHING ELSE. These... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxhats
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect stdin stdout to multiple files

Hi, i know how to a) redirect stdout and stderr to one file, b) and write to two files concurrently with same output using tee command Now, i want to do both the above together. I have a script and it should write both stdout and stderr in one file and also write the same content to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture values using multiple regex patterns

I have to read the file, in each line of file i need to get 2 values using more than one search pattern. ex: <0112 02:12:20 def > /some string/some string||some string||124 i donot have same delimiter in the line, I have to read '0112 02:12:20' which is timestamp, and last field '124' which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adars1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple variables assignement (stdout/stderr outputs)

Hi all, I've been looking around for this for a while and can't seem to find a satifactory way to do what I want: I would like to assign the output of stdout to a variable and that of stderr to another one, and this without using temporary files/named pipes. In other words be able to assign... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthalamus
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - Extracting multiple key words from stdout

Hello. From command line, the command zypper info nxclient return a bloc of data : linux local # zypper info nxclient Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... Information for package nxclient: Repository: zypper_local Name: nxclient Version: 3.5.0-7 Arch: x86_64... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture Multiple Lines Into Variable As Of Standard Output

Hello All, I have the below script and output. cat test.sh #!/bin/bash -x logit() { echo " - ${*}" > ${LOG_FILE} } LOG_FILE=/home/infrmtca/bin/findtest.log VAR=`find . -type f -name "*sql"` logit $VAR Output: cat /home/infrmtca/bin/findtest.log -... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Multiple Scripts and Capture Log Details

Hi All, I have a requirement to execute multiple scripts (say 4) one after the other in one script and capture log details and error messages in a log file below LOG_FILE= FILE.`date ++"%Y%m%d%H:%M:%S"` Script 1 : File_Checkr.sh Script 2 : Pre_Validation.sh Script 3 : Testing.sh Script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deena1984
12 Replies
OMPI-IOF(1)							     Open MPI							       OMPI-IOF(1)

NAME
ompi-iof, orte-iof - Displays a copy of the output streams from a process. NOTE: ompi-iof, and orte-iof are exact synonyms for each other. Using any of the names will result in exactly identical behavior. SYNOPSIS
ompi-iof [ options ] Options ompi-iof will display a copy of the indicated stdout, stderr, and/or stddiag streams from the designated process. -pid | --pid The pid of the mpirun executing the process whose streams are to be copied -stdout | --stdout Display a copy of the specified process' stdout. If no options are specified, this will act as the default -stderr | --stderr Display a copy of the specified process' stderr. -stddiag | --stddiag Display a copy of the specified process' stddiag. -rank | --rank The rank of the process whose output is to be copied. DESCRIPTION
ompi-iof displays a copy of the indicated stdout, stderr, and/or stddiag streams from the designated process. At this time, a ctrl-C must be used to terminate the program. The program will terminate cleanly, telling the associated mpirun to close the requested streams before exiting. SEE ALSO
orterun(1) 1.4.5 Feb 10, 2012 OMPI-IOF(1)