Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Constant disturbing messages???? Post 302552571 by solaris_user on Sunday 4th of September 2011 03:39:09 PM
Old 09-04-2011
Most of space goes to home directory by default so you must reinstall Solaris because there is no way to allocate more space to the / device, you could try with gparted and UFS support, never tried. If you gonna to reinstall Solaris use ZFS because UFS is no longer supported by the Oracle Corporation.

For the sendmail, you must configure sendmail server or you can disable it using SMF.

Code:
svcadm disable sendmail

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

disturbing problem with PRINTF() !!

hello everybody, here is my problem: ________________________________________ #include <stdio.h> int main() { int i=10; printf("value is %i",i); return 0; } _________________________________________ when i compile and execute, nothing appears on screen!! but if i replace the printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain_processin
2 Replies

2. Programming

File descriptor constant

I have a requirement to close all the file descriptors from 3 to 1024 for a particular application. Right now, this is how I do it .. for ( int i = 3 ; i <= 1024; ++i ) close(i); The change I am looking at is, I want to do away with the number 1024 and replace it with a constant which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Constant mirroring

I'm not sure how to best explain what I'd like to do, so let me give an example. I used to work in a department that deals with internet security. This department had an "internal" website (only people in the building can get on it) and an "external" website (anyone in the world can get on it --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sstevens
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird ^M characters is disturbing the paste command

Dear all, I have the files: xaa xab xac and I try to paste them using $paste -d, xaa xab xac I see: output 3e-130 ,6e-78 ,5e-74 6e-124 ,0,007 ,0,026 2e-119 When I type: $ paste -d, xaa xab xac |less I see: output 3e-130^M,6e-78^M,5e-74 6e-124^M,0,007^M,0,026 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
2 Replies

5. Programming

String Constant C

I wonder string constant exists permanently or temporary. For example, printf("hello, world"); the function printf access to it is through a pointer. Does it mean storage is allocated for the string constant to exist permanently in memory? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris26
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a field without disturbing field separator on other fields

Hi All, I have the input as below: cat input 032016002 2.891 97.109 16.605 27.172 24.017 32.207 0.233 0.021 39.810 0.077 0.026 19.644 13.882 0.131 11.646 0.102 11.449 76.265 23.735 16.991 83.009 8.840 91.160 0.020 99.980 52.102 47.898 44.004 55.996 39.963 18.625 0.121 1.126 40.189... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: am24
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split large file into smaller files without disturbing the entry chunks

Dears, Need you help with the below file manipulation. I want to split the file into 8 smaller files but without cutting/disturbing the entries (meaning every small file should start with a entry and end with an empty line). It will be helpful if you can provide a one liner command for this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
12 Replies
sendmail(4)							   File Formats 						       sendmail(4)

NAME
sendmail, sendmail.cf, submit.cf - sendmail configuration files SYNOPSIS
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf /etc/mail/submit.cf DESCRIPTION
The sendmail.cf and submit.cf files are the configuration files for sendmail(1M). Starting with version 8.12 of sendmail, which was shipped with version 9 of the Solaris operating system, two configuration files are used for submission and transmission of mail, instead of only sendmail.cf, as before. These are: sendmail.cf Remains the principal sendmail configuration file. Used for the Mail Transmission Agent (MTA). submit.cf Used for the Mail Submission Program (MSP). The MSP is used to submit mail messages. Unlike the MTA, it does not run as an SMTP daemon. The MSP does not require root privileges, thus the two-file model provides better security than the pre-sendmail 8.12 model, in which the MSP ran as a daemon and required root privileges. In the default sendmail configuration, sendmail uses submit.cf, as indicated in ps(1) output. In ps output, you will observe two sendmail invocations, such as the ones below: /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m The first indicates the use of submit.cf, with the client queue (/var/spool/clientmqueue) being checked--and, if needed, flushed--every 15 minutes. The second invocation runs sendmail as a daemon, waiting for incoming SMTP connections. As shipped, sendmail.cf and, in particular, submit.cf, are appropriate for most environments. Where a knowledgeable system administrator needs to make a change, he should use the following procedures. For sendmail.cf: 1. Change directories to the directory that contains the source files for the configuration files. # cd /etc/mail/cf/cf 2. Create a copy of the sendmail file for your system. # cp sendmail.mc `hostname`.mc 3. Edit `hostname`.mc. Make changes suitable for your system and environment. 4. Run make to generate the configuration file. # /usr/bin/make `hostname`.cf 5. Copy the newly generated file to its correct location. # cp `hostname`.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf 6. Restart the sendmail service. # svcadm restart sendmail You must restart sendmail for sendmail.cf file changes to take effect, as indicated in step 6. Steps 4 - 6 can be automated. See Automated Rebuilding of Configuration Files below. For submit.cf: 1. Change directories to the directory that contains the source files for the configuration files. # cd /etc/mail/cf/cf 2. Create a copy of the submit file for your system. # cp submit.mc submit-`hostname`.mc 3. Edit submit-`hostname`.mc. Make changes suitable for your system and environment. 4. Run make to generate the configuration file. # /usr/bin/make submit-`hostname`.cf 5. Copy the newly generated file to its correct location. # cp submit-`hostname`.cf /etc/mail/submit.cf You do not need to restart sendmail for changes to submit.cf to take effect. Steps 4 and 5 can be automated. See Automated Rebuilding of Configuration Files below. Enabling Access to Remote Clients The sendmail(1M) man page describes how the config/local_only property can be set to true or false to disallow or allow, respectively, access to remote clients for unmodified systems. Setting values for the following properties for the service instance svc:/network/smtp:sendmail results in automated (re)building of con- figuration files: path_to_sendmail_mc path_to_submit_mc The values for these properties should be strings which represent the path name of the .mc files referred to in steps 2 and 3 of both pro- cedures above. Recommended values are: /etc/mail/cf/cf/`hostname`.mc /etc/mail/cf/cf/submit-`hostname`.mc Each property, if set, results in the corresponding .mc file being used to (re)build the matching .cf file when the service is started. These properties persist across upgrades and patches. To prevent a patch or upgrade from clobbering your .cf file, or renaming it to .cf.old, you can set the desired properties instead. FILES
/etc/mail/cf/README Describes sendmail configuration files. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), ps(1), sendmail(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Network Services SunOS 5.11 8 May 2008 sendmail(4)