Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing using ZFS - need to remove EFI disk labels Post 302552501 by incredible on Sunday 4th of September 2011 02:43:27 AM
Old 09-04-2011
for root pool, use SMI label using format -e .
you can create the pool right away using a EFI labelled disk

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array

Hi Peeps, Can anyone help me an EFI lablel on a 3510 raid array that I cannot get rid of, format -e and label just asks you if you want to label it. Want an SMI label writing to it. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the EFI label? Thanks in advance Martin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing Sun Cluster on ZFS root pools

Hi All! I have been tasked with creating a clustered file system for two systems running Sol 10 u8. These systems have 3 zones each and the global zone has ZFS on the boot disk. We currently have one system sharing an NFS mount to both of these systems. The root zfs pool status (on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Need to remove a disk from zfs pool

I accidently added a disk in different zpool instead of pool, where I want. root@prtdrd21:/# zpool status cvfdb2_app_pool pool: cvfdb2_app_pool state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM cvfdb2_app_pool ONLINE 0 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Trouble creating a disk partition slice (EFI)

Hi all, I am using SPARC Solaris 11.1 with EFI labelled disks. I am new to ZFS file systems and slightly stuck when trying to create a partition (slice) on one of my LUNs. EFI labels use sectors and blocks and I am not sure how exactly it works. From here I can try and create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selectstar
2 Replies

6. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
DPM_ADDPOOL(3)						       DPM Library Functions						    DPM_ADDPOOL(3)

NAME
dpm_addpool - define a new disk pool SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "dpm_api.h" int dpm_addpool (struct dpm_pool *dpm_pool) DESCRIPTION
dpm_addpool defines a new disk pool. dpm_pool contains the pool definition. struct dpm_pool { char poolname[CA_MAXPOOLNAMELEN+1]; u_signed64 defsize; int gc_start_thresh; int gc_stop_thresh; int def_lifetime; int defpintime; int max_lifetime; int maxpintime; char fss_policy[CA_MAXPOLICYLEN+1]; char gc_policy[CA_MAXPOLICYLEN+1]; char mig_policy[CA_MAXPOLICYLEN+1]; char rs_policy[CA_MAXPOLICYLEN+1]; int nbgids; gid_t *gids; char ret_policy; char s_type; u_signed64 capacity; u_signed64 free; int nbelem; }; poolname specifies the disk pool name. defsize specifies the default amount of space reserved for a file (in bytes). gc_start_thresh specifies the minimum free space in the pool. If the percentage of free space goes below this value, the garbage collector is started. Default is 0. gc_stop_thresh specifies the percentage of free space in the pool above which the garbage collector is stopped. Default is 0. def_lifetime specifies the default time a space or volatile file is kept in the system (in seconds). defpintime specifies the default time a file is kept on a given disk (in seconds). max_lifetime specifies the maximum time a space or volatile file is kept in the system (in seconds). maxpintime specifies the maximum time a file is kept on a given disk (in seconds). nbgids is the size of the array of group ids gids. gids The disk pool is restricted to this set of gids unless the group gid is zero. ret_policy specifies the retention policy supported by the disk pool. It can be R (for Replica), O (for Output) or C (for Custodial). s_type indicates the type of space supported in the disk pool. It can be V (for Volatile), D (for Durable), P (for Permanent) or - (to accept any type). This function requires ADMIN privilege. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EACCES The caller does not have ADMIN privilege. EFAULT dpm_pool is a NULL pointer. EEXIST This pool exists already. ENOMEM Memory could not be allocated for storing the pool definition. EINVAL The length of poolname exceeds CA_MAXPOOLNAMELEN or the number of gids is too big. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SEINTERNAL Database error. SECOMERR Communication error. LCG
$Date: 2011-05-23 14:22:57 +0200 (Mon, 23 May 2011) $ DPM_ADDPOOL(3)