Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Duplicated UID
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Duplicated UID Post 302552307 by phcostabh on Friday 2nd of September 2011 10:19:06 AM
Old 09-02-2011
Question Duplicated UID

Hi folks!

I need you help to discover what's the impact of a duplicated UID in an operating system. What's the meaning when someone put in different users the same UID?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log files duplicated themselves?

Something strange happend today, I checked in /var/log has usual and I noticed that I have a "messages.1", "cron.1" "maillog.1", and so on. This has never happened before so I just want to know if this is normal? Before I always had "messages" "maillog" and "cron" but now I have 2 of each file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DISTURBED
4 Replies

2. SCO

Random duplicated print jobs

I have a weird problem, about 6 times a day a print job will be printed twice (out of more than 100 print jobs per day). It seems as though sometimes a print job is not cleared from the print spooler after the first print, and then reprints. This started a week ago after I had made printer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barry Staples
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can root ID be duplicated

Hi, I have the root id and the uid is always 0 for the root. Can i create another user say admin with the uid as 0? If so will it have the same privilege as that of user. Will there be any effect while doing this? lorcan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorcan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated columns

hi all, i have a file contain multicolumns, this file is sorted by col2 and col3. i want to remove the duplicated columns if the col2 and col3 are the same in another line. example fileA AA BB CC DD CC XX CC DD BB CC ZZ FF DD FF HH HH the output is AA BB CC DD BB CC ZZ FF... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to get rid of duplicated columns...

I can not figure out this one, so I turn to unix.com for help, I have a file, in which there are some lines containing continuously duplicate columns, like the following adb abc abc asd adfj 123 123 123 345 234 444 444 444 444 444 23 and the output I want is adb abc asd adfj 123 345... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicated content

Input file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4486 hcms-US25 hsa-360-5 hcms-US25 hsa-4 hcms-US25 hsa-458 hcms-US25 hsa-44812 . . Desired Output file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hsa-4486... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in duplicated chars in password

i have code to generate passwords but the issue is the duplicated chars so can any one help and give me function to check and verify if there is any duplicated chars as also the script uses capitals and small letters and numbers only many thx guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suicide_king
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing duplicated lines??

Hi Guys.. I have a problem for some reason my database has copied everything 4 times. My Database looks like this: >BAC233456 rhjieaheiohjteo tjtjrj6jkk6k6 j54ju54jh54jh >ANI124365 afrhtjykulilil htrjykuk rtkjryky ukrykyrk >BAC233456 rhjieaheiohjteo tjtjrj6jkk6k6 j54ju54jh54jh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skipped duplicated files from log

I have a script to get files from remote server to local path the issue I wanna log the output of every collected files but look like something went wrong , I feel that my error is hide in what follows: In ftp function I did not manage to control if file exist in my local directory then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicated lines?

Hi, if i have a file like this: Query=1 a a b c c c d Query=2 b b b c c e . . . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
7 Replies
DwtOpenHierarchy(3Dwt)													    DwtOpenHierarchy(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtOpenHierarchy - Allocates a hierarchy ID and opens all the UID files in the hierarchy.

Syntax
       #include <X11/DwtAppl.h>
       Cardinal DwtOpenHierarchy(num_files, file_names_list, ancillary_structures_list,
				 hierarchy_id_return)
	    DRMCount num_files;
	    String file_names_list [];
	    IDBOSOpenParamPtr *ancillary_structures_list;
	    DRMHierarchy *hierarchy_id_return;

Arguments
       num_files Specifies the number of files in the name list.

file_names_list
		 Specifies an array of pointers to character strings that identify the .uid files.

ancillary_structures_list
		 A list of operating system-dependent ancillary structures corresponding to such things as file names, clobber flag, and so forth.
		 This argument should be NULL for most operations.  If you need to reference this structure,  see  the	definition  of	IDBOSOpen-
		 ParamPtr in DwtAppl.h for more information.

hierarchy_id_return
		 Returns  the search hierarchy ID.  The search hierarchy ID identifies the list of .uid files that DRM will search (in order) when
		 performing subsequent fetch calls.

Description
       The DwtOpenHierarchy function allows the user to specify the list of UID files that DRM will search in subsequent  fetch  operations.   All
       subsequent  fetch  operations  will  return  the first occurrence of the named item encountered while traversing the UID hierarchy from the
       first list element (UID file specification) to the last list element.  This function also allocates a hierarchy ID and opens  all  the  UID
       files  in the hierarchy.  It initializes the optimized search lists in the hierarchy.  If DwtOpenHierarchy encounters any errors during its
       execution, any files that were opened are closed.

Each UID file specified in file_names_list can specify either a full directory pathname or a file name.	If a UID file does not specify the
       pathname it will not contain any embedded slashes (/),  and it will be accessed through the UIDPATH environment variable.

The  UIDPATH environment variable specifies search paths and naming conventions associated with UID files.  It can contain the substitution
       fields %L and %N, where the current setting of the LANG environment variable is substituted for %L and the .uid name passed to DwtOpenHier-
       archy  is  substituted  for  %N.   For  example, the following UID path and DwtOpenHierarchy call would cause DRM to open two separate .uid
       files:

UIDPATH=/uidlib/%L/%N.uid:/uidlib/%N/%L
	 static char *uid_files[] = {"/usr/users/me/test.uid", "test2"};
	  DRMHierarchy	*Hierarchy_id;
	  DwtOpenHierarchy((DRMCount)2,uid_files, NULL, Hierarchy_id)

The first file, /usr/users/me/test.uid, would be opened as specified, as this file specification includes a  pathname.	The  second  file,
       test2, would be looked for first in /uidlib/$LANG/test2.uid, and second in /uidlib/test2/$LANG.

After  DwtOpenHierarchy opens the UID hierarchy, you should not delete or modify the UID files until you close the UID hierarchy by calling
       DwtCloseHierarchy.

Return Values
       This function returns one of these status return constants:

DRMSuccess	 The   function   executed
			 successfully.
       DRMNotFound	 File not found.
       DRMFailure	 The function failed.

See Also
       DwtCloseHierarchy(3Dwt)

DwtOpenHierarchy(3Dwt)