Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set global rm command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers set global rm command Post 302552265 by shifahim on Friday 2nd of September 2011 07:08:07 AM
Old 09-02-2011
Question set global rm command

Hi,

My team does not have root access however many a times my members logon to the unix server and fire the rm command mistakenly on wrong folder and later realise that they have made a mess.

The rm -i option prompts for a confirmation before actually deleting the files/folders.

I want to force the -i option to all my team members when they fire the rm command inorder to address the concern.

Can you please let me know how can that be addressed?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable not being set

In ksh I thought a global variable was any variable in a script or function that did not have the typeset command. I have a global in my calling script which I increment in a function, but the value does not change in the calling script. Here is the code: function f_open_log { typeset -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotball
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any global command in UNIX?

Hi, I heard about some global commands for information gathering in UNIX systems. some commands which will execute on a UNIX system in a local network and other systems will reply to these command with some information about themselves. for example, from one of those UNIX machines (in a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavash
15 Replies

4. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi global replace command

I am wondering what way, I can remove a certain text with nothing. for example: MyVariable=Y7UHNI to only: Y7UHNI removing 'MyVariable=' globally? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DallasT
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to set a global alias in UNIX Solaris?

Defined a user alias in unix. Not able to use that alias in a ksh scritp. I dont want to change/source in the script to set the value. Need to set the user alias as a gloabal alias to use it in a new ksh shell window. Can you please help on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global replace command help

Hello - I am trying to use a global replace command but its not working. Here is the cmd I am using in vi: :%s/OLD/NEW/g However, in my "NEW" I already have a "/" which is not making the replace work: :%s/mytestscript.com:33232/mytestscript:70245/test.com/g the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set Global variable outside while loop

Below is my code: count=0 if ... ... else ... find * -prune -type d | sort -r -n | while read d; do count=1 if ; then echo "Count1:$count" ... ... break 2; fi ... done ... fi echo "Count2:$count" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies
bsmconv(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       bsmconv(1M)

NAME
bsmconv, bsmunconv - enable or disable the Basic Security Module (BSM) on Solaris SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/bsmconv [rootdir...] /etc/security/bsmunconv [rootdir...] DESCRIPTION
The bsmconv and bsmunconv scripts are used to enable or disable the BSM features on a Solaris system. The optional argument rootdir is a list of one or more root directories of diskless clients that have already been configured. See smdiskless(1M). To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client, a server, or a stand-alone system, logon as super-user to the system being converted and use the bsmconv or bsmunconv commands without any options. To enable or disable BSM on a diskless client from that client's server, logon to the server as super-user and use bsmconv, specifying the root directory of each diskless client you wish to affect. For example, the command: myhost# bsmconv /export/root/client1 /export/root/client2 enables BSM on the two machines named client1 and client2. While the command: myhost# bsmconv enables BSM only on the machine called myhost. It is no longer necessary to enable BSM on both the server and its diskless clients. After running bsmconv the system can be configured by editing the files in /etc/security. Each diskless client has its own copy of configu- ration files in its root directory. You might want to edit these files before rebooting each client. Following the completion of either script, the affected system(s) should be rebooted to allow the auditing subsystem to come up properly initialized. FILES
The following files are created by bsmconv: /etc/security/device_maps Administrative file defining the mapping of device special files to allocatable device names. /etc/security/device_allocate Administrative file defining parameters for device allocation. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auditconfig(1M), auditd(1M), audit_startup(1M), audit.log(4), audit_control(4), attributes(5) NOTES
bsmconv and bsmunconv are not valid in a non-global zone. SunOS 5.10 26 May 2004 bsmconv(1M)