Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED sub commands in KSH not working for me Post 302552234 by itkamaraj on Friday 2nd of September 2011 04:45:04 AM
Old 09-02-2011
Alex, are you in solaris ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh GUI commands

I have a few scripts that i would like to make into GUI's. Are there scripting commands to make GUI's if so where can i get the list of commands and what they do or if anyone has an example of it. Anything will help, thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daltonkf
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh substring commands

I am trying to get various portions of strings in my script, but am getting a substitution error. I followed the syntax that was described when I goggled this, but I can't get anything to work. #! /bin/ksh/ hello="adklafk;afak" #hello=${hello:3} hello=${$hello:3} happy="hey" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anderssl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not working on AIX in ksh shell!

Hi All, I have this script which doesn't work on AIX ksh shell.. # ! /usr/bin/ksh grep -irl "6000" /home/applmgr/xyz > file_list_port.log xargs sed -i 's/6000/6010/g' < file_list_port.log But this same script has worked perfectly on linux bash shell.. Could anyone please share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Better KSH commands

Are there any documents available for checking the execution time taken by ksh commands? My requirement is to fine tune a set of shell scripts having lot of "echos" and "date"s. Is there a better replacement for the below code?. echo "ABC process started on `date`" some code.. echo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have to learn sed and awk commands in kSH?

Links Please??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling commands with ksh

Hi, I am not able to run below command on linux, it however works on solaris. If anyone knows the reason and a solution for it can you please let me know ? Linux ----- $> ksh 'echo hi' ksh: echo hi: No such file or directory $> which ksh /usr/bin/ksh Solaris ------ $> ksh 'echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working inside ksh script but works fine outside

Hi, I am a bit confused ,why would a sed command work fine outside of ksh script but not inside. e.g I want to replace all the characters which end with a value and have space at end of it. so my command for it is : sed -i "s/$SEPARATOR /$SEPARATOR/g" file_name This is working fine in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed commands success / fail from commandline vs ksh script

solaris 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 I need a sed command that tests true when presented with lines that contain either forward and backslash. input file: c:/myFile.txt c:\yourFile.txt It doesn't appear that sed (in my environment anyway) supports... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msutfin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh with Oracle commands

works fine. echo "Deleting CHOPOne Coreaccess from LAUA..." $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@servername << ! delete from usergrpdtl where username='acker'; commit; ! but not working with "if statement" even $TMPDIR/adlogin.log exists and greater than 0. if then ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Tilde commands not working

Hi I have a script that it sends emails to various recipients using mailx, but some of the recipients should be sent as BCC, but ~b flag when used in the following line, does not put the gmail address as BCC: echo "node $output is down" | mailx -s "$output not pinging" sadf@xyz.com ~b... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)