Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302552043 by WarningU2 on Thursday 1st of September 2011 12:12:18 PM
Old 09-01-2011
Sr TSA Unix Capacity Management at a large financial institute in Canada

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
icapd(1M)																 icapd(1M)

NAME
icapd - Instant Capacity (iCAP) daemon. SYNOPSIS
icapd DESCRIPTION
The (formerly ) daemon is installed and started as part of the Instant Capacity software on all potential iCAP systems, and respawns itself if killed. If this daemon is not running, other Instant Capacity commands fail. The operations this daemon performs are vital in keeping the complexwide view of the Instant Capacity state current. The following entry is added to /etc/inittab in order to have start and respawn itself: icap:23456:respawn:/usr/lbin/icapd # Instant Capacity daemon This daemon is not started on hardware that is not supported under the Instant Capacity program. If is installed and running on a system with Instant Capacity components present (cores, cells, or memory), it sends daily asset report email to HP (if so configured), tracks tem- porary capacity, sends exception notifications, and maintains a healthy Instant Capacity state. For more information about the functions that performs for Instant Capacity systems, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. The daemon reports errors via (see syslog(3C)). Exception notification email is sent to root and to the system contact email address (con- figured via the command (see icapmodify(1M)). The daemon performs periodic operations based on the time of day. The daemon is spawned by and gets its time zone specification from the /etc/default/tz file. By default, the time zone specified in /etc/default/tz is EST5EDT. You can specify which time zone the daemon uses to interpret its current time by modifying the /etc/default/tz file. For details about the time zone format, see environ(5). A restart of the daemon is required before the new time zone value takes effect (that is, kill the process). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapnotify(1M), icapmanage(1M), icap(5). icapd(1M)