Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tricky task with DNA sequences. Post 302551983 by radoulov on Thursday 1st of September 2011 09:39:36 AM
Old 09-01-2011
I think they are included in the output:

Code:
zsh-4.3.12[t]% cat infile 
>Influenza
TGGATATGAT
>Dengue
AGTTACTCCGAAA
>Varicella
CTTTGGATA
zsh-4.3.12[t]% perl -nle'BEGIN {
quote>   @map{ A, C, G, T } = ( T, G, C, A )
quote>   }
quote>   print /^>/ ?
quote>     $_ :
quote>       join //, map $map{ $_ }, split //, scalar reverse
quote>   ' infile
>Influenza
ATCATATCCA
>Dengue
TTTCGGAGTAACT
>Varicella
TATCCAAAG

Am I missing something?
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Tricky one...

Here's my problem: I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro with no internal CD or Floppy drives. I want to install Linux on it. I don't care about the Windows XP Pro installation, in fact I would like to install Linux over the entirety of the HD. However I cannot boot from any external CD drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky Sed

Hello. I am trying to convert occurrences of 'NULL' from a datafile. The 'NULL' occurences appears at this: |NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL| There should be 52 fields per line. I would like any occurrence of | NULL| or |NULL| to appear as '||' Currently I am using this sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting DNA sequences from GenBank files using Perl

Hi all, Using Perl, I need to extract DNA bases from a GenBank file for a given plant species. A sample GenBank file is here... Nucleotide This is saved on my computer as NC_001666.gb. I also have a file that is saved on my computer as NC_001666.txt. This text file has a list of all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akreibich07
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Tricky egrep

Hi folks! My first post here. I'm working on a script that retrieves a range of files from a list depending on a range of time. UPDATE: I've seen it could be difficult to read all this thing, so I'll make a summarize it.. How come I do this and take a result.. grep "..\:.." lista.new |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl0x
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Tricky situation getting IP address

Hi, I have a multihomed system HP-UX with two NIC cards having IP address 10.9.0.13 & 10.9.0.45 I have two weblogic servers running one listening on "10.9.0.13" and the other on "10.9.0.45" Given a PID how is it possible to extract the IP Address that the weblogic server is using and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for changing the accession number of DNA sequences in a FASTA file

Hi, I am having a file of dna sequences in fasta format which look like this: >admin_1_45 atatagcaga >admin_1_46 atatagcagaatatatat with many such thousands of sequences in a single file. I want to the replace the accession Id "admin_1_45" similarly in following sequences to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: margarita
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a DNA sequence into Amino Acid

I am trying to write a bash script that would be able to read DNA sequences (each line in the file is a sequence) from a file, where sequences are separated by an empty line. I am then to find the amino acid that these DNA sequences encode per codon (each group of three literals.) For example, if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies
SEQ(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    SEQ(1)

NAME
seq -- print sequences of numbers SYNOPSIS
seq [-w] [-f format] [-s string] [-t string] [first [incr]] last DESCRIPTION
The seq utility prints a sequence of numbers, one per line (default), from first (default 1), to near last as possible, in increments of incr (default 1). When first is larger than last the default incr is -1. All numbers are interpreted as floating point. Normally integer values are printed as decimal integers. The seq utility accepts the following options: -f format Use a printf(3) style format to print each number. Only the A, a, E, e, F, f, G, g, and % conversion characters are valid, along with any optional flags and an optional numeric mimimum field width or precision. The format can contain character escape sequences in backslash notation as defined in ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). The default is %g. -s string Use string to separate numbers. The string can contain character escape sequences in backslash notation as defined in ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). The default is . -t string Use string to terminate sequence of numbers. The string can contain character escape sequences in backslash notation as defined in ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). This option is useful when the default separator does not contain a . -w Equalize the widths of all numbers by padding with zeros as necessary. This option has no effect with the -f option. If any sequence numbers will be printed in exponential notation, the default conversion is changed to %e. The seq utility exits 0 on success and non-zero if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
# seq 1 3 1 2 3 # seq 3 1 3 2 1 # seq -w 0 .05 .1 0.00 0.05 0.10 SEE ALSO
jot(1), printf(1), printf(3) HISTORY
The seq command first appeared in Plan 9 from Bell Labs. A seq command appeared in NetBSD 3.0. This command was based on the command of the same name in Plan 9 from Bell Labs and the GNU core utilities. The GNU seq command first appeared in the 1.13 shell utilities release. BUGS
The -w option does not handle the transition from pure floating point to exponent representation very well. The seq command is not bug for bug compatible with the Plan 9 from Bell Labs or GNU versions of seq. BSD
May 27, 2010 BSD