Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Removing EMC LUN from Solaris 10 host without a reboot Post 302551690 by dude2cool on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 10:07:20 AM
Old 08-31-2011
Quote:
# cfgadm -c unconfigure -o unusable_SCSI_LUN c2::50060482d531f7ed,9

# cfgadm -c unconfigure -o unusable_SCSI_LUN c2::50060482d531f7ed,9 cfgadm: Attachment point not found
Try these instead one for c2 and then c3 :
Code:
# cfgadm -c unconfigure -o unusable_SCSI_LUN c2::50060482d531f7ed

# cfgadm -c unconfigure -o unusable_SCSI_LUN c3::50060482d531f7c2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems fetching EMC disks to Solaris OS.

Hi, I have a nasty little problem with my disks on my system My system configuration is as follows Sunv890 with sunos 9 connected tot a IBM6800 SAN using a 2port 2 GB qla2342 adapter. We have bought a EMC SAN. The company who sold us the san, said that it would be no problem connecting the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orac
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Grow LUN presented on Linux host

Hi, I have a SAN LUN of 550 GB created as an ext3 partition of the entire lun and need to make the lun and partition larger... 600 GB # fdisk -l /dev/sdj Disk /dev/sdj: 590.5 GB, 590558003200 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 71797 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Server dectects EMC dead path and send mail immediately

taus-itcapp1#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=APM00105201788 Logical device ID=60060160B2202B001094F0E0AF5CE011 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0; Owner: default=SP A, current=SP A Array failover mode: 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
6 Replies

6. Linux

EMC, PowerPath and issue on using LUN

Hello guys, I'm going crazy over here with a problem with a LUN created on a EMC CX3. I did sucessfully managed to create the LUN on the Storage (the LUN is named DBLNX25EC_TST), after doing the following process: echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host<n>/issue_lip and echo "- - -" >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 booting from EMC SAN DISK

Hi All, I have server : Sun-Fire-V490 configured with Solaris 10 zfs .. and I have configured three mirror the third one from EMC storage. root@server # zpool status -v pool: rpool state: ONLINE status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format. The pool can ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris/vxvm/EMC Lun configuration

Hello all, i try to allocate the same LUN to two server (or more in the future) i use solaris 10, vxvm (vxfs) for data and solaris zones and EMC DMX-4, i try to migrate solaris zones between servers in case of problem. and this is what i want to do - affect LUN to srv00124 and srv10155 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mat_solaris
5 Replies

9. AIX

AIX help -reconnect EMC lun

we have an old AIX system with important data on an EMC LUN. the AIX server crashed and we had to rebuild it with the old AIX os 5.8. how do we reconnect the EMC LUN without losing the data? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhudson12
15 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)