Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting questions
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Scripting questions Post 302551630 by pludi on Wednesday 31st of August 2011 06:28:00 AM
Old 08-31-2011
Please read the special homework rules and the forum rules (especially rule 11) again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

questions on ftp shell scripting

did a search but was not allowed to use 'ftp' because its too short of a word. for some reason, i can't seem to remember anything about ftp shell scripts - would someone please refresh my memory on the syntax and maybe give a short example? thanks for the time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psyjoniz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

few small scripting questions

hello everyone, i have a couple of questions about programming with shell scripts. -My question is, how do you find out how long a sequence of numbers that has just been entered is. for example If i enter 12345 the length here is 5 and 23456789 the length here is eight. I want to be able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/commands/scripting/c questions

1. Can anyone explain me what the line x=signal(SIGINT,nh); does? 2. How do I write a command to print the longest line in a file? 3. How do I write a command to print the last word of every line of a file using sed? 4. What exactly does this line do? :%s/^\(\)\(\)/\2\1/g^M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necrologist
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting questions

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this. 08-24-2010 10:22:34,xxxxxxxxMessage : 111 08-24-2010 10:24:38,xxxxxxxbMessage : 000 08-24-2010 11:28:11,xxxxxxxcMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxdMessage : 111 08-24-2010 11:32:35,xxxxxxxeMessage : 111 (I should look for Message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnjx
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

beginner scripting questions User variables

If there's anywhere to look this up, it would be just as helpful. I googled and really couldn't find anything relative to this. ok... General Variables 1) When creating a script I made a file "prog1.sh" does it matter if the end is .sh or is this what has to be done like prog.bash or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: austing5
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting questions, remote access

Hi, Background: There are 2 servers server1 and server2 In server1 i have my script to perform a functionality from the script in server1 i m calling a script named action in server2. The script action has to check the size of a file in a particular location in server1, if the size of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayii
1 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)