Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting External IP Address of Linux Server Post 302551463 by sulti on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 12:19:59 PM
Old 08-30-2011
It can be neither of those addresses. It depends on network topology and configuration. Your (server) administrator should give You this answer, eventually Your ISP.
And I think, there's sth wrong with the second IP: 611.x.x.x Smilie Maybe a typo...
Is the XXX server behind any NAT? Does it have direct internet access?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Connecting To An External Network Using A logical (PACKAGE) IP Address

Hie everyone, I am currently facing a problem whereby I can not connect to an external network from a package ip address on a HP-UX cluster. Below is the illustration: Primary Server IP Address : n.n.n.202 Secondary Server IP Address : n.n.n.212 Package IP Address : n.n.n.211 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchilenga
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Getting the External IP Address of your Computer and Storing it in a File

My computer is one of three computer on our LAN. Our router is a Time Capsule. My computer is the only of of three computers that has been assigned a static IP address on the LAN, because it runs an Apache installation. I tinker around with web development from time to time, and I wanted to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Audacitor
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

Obtaining your external IP address using a Unix Utility

Hello, this is my first post on the Unix forums. This is something that's been bothering me for a while, is there any particular UNIX/Linux application that will allow you to see you external IP address? :confused: ( The address beyond your router ) Thank you in advance, I could not find a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquen
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

5. Linux

How often does Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server?

All here, thank you for listening. Now I've set up a Linux NTP server by adding a external windows NTP server in /etc/ntp.conf. Then I start the ntpd daemon. But how often does the Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server? I've looked up everywhere but found no information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelLi
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

mailx to external email address

Hi, How can I use "mailx" command to send message to an email address like this? echo "This email body" | mailx -s "my subject" "email@hostname.com" There may be some setup required in sendmail or postfix?? OS = Snow Leopard 10.6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FlyingSquirrel
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt to use external mail server

Hi, Using mutt im triggering a mail with attachment to 2 different recipient. How can i use gmail/official mail server to send mails using mutt service only. kindly shed some idea Script which i use now SUBJECT="Mail from myserver" EMAIL="user1@mail.com,other@mail.com"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Ping domain indicates the external ip address and not the local ip

when i execute from local machine ping domainname i get the external ip address but i am on local dns and i expect the local ip address.. using nslookup : no problem so i cannot find why... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: activedms
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ip address of Linux server

Hi, How to find ip address of Linux servers ? I know by ping command we can find ip address but wanted to check with you. Thanks, Maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

External SMTP server

Hi, We current use an email/hosted exchange server (provided by 3rd party company). Our production DNS (RH5) server has got the MX rec configured for this 3rd party mail relay server. So in order to resolve hostnames to send outbound mails an A record entry is also required on the external... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies
nrglbd(8ncs)															      nrglbd(8ncs)

Name
       nrglbd - non-replicating global location broker (GBL) daemon

Syntax
       /etc/ncs/nrglbd [ -version ]

Description
       The  global location broker (GLB), enables clients to locate servers on a network or internet.  The GLB database stores the locations (that
       is, the network addresses and port numbers) where server processes are running.	The GLB maintains this database and provides access to it.

The daemon should run as a background process.  It requires no options or arguments.  A Local Location Broker daemon ( ) must be running on
       the local host when is started.

You can run only one on a network or internet.

On ULTRIX systems, is typically started by a line in such as the following:
       /etc/ncs/nrglbd& echo -n ' nrglbd' > /dev/console

Options
       -version  Display  the version of the Network Computing Kernel (NCK) that this belongs to but do not start the daemon.  (NCK is part of the
		 Network Computing System (NCS) on which DECrpc is based.)

Restrictions
       This section discusses the procedure to follow if the system running the is taken off-line.

If you restart on the same system and no server on any other system changed state, all things should run as before.  If, however, an appli-
       cation tries to contact a server that is no longer running or which has different port numbers, the application will fail.  The application
       also will not see any new server registrations.

If a copy of is not available, you must create an up to date version of the file before restarting To do so, use to query the for registra-
       tion data on every system running an DECrpcserver and then use to register all DECrpc servers with the GLB on the new host.  Then restart

See Also
       lb_admin(1ncs), llbd(8ncs)
       Guide to the Location Broker

nrglbd(8ncs)