Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to write a script for text file encryption? Post 302550833 by shanbalao on Saturday 27th of August 2011 11:22:37 PM
Old 08-28-2011
How to write a script for text file encryption?

Hi All,

I have zero knowledge in UNIX, so i desperately need the help from you guys.

I need a script which can encrypt all the text files in one shot in a source directory.
After all the text files are encrypted, they will be put into a separate folder.

Command involve:
gpg with -a, --armor

eg.
Before encyption:
/main/project/sorce/file1.txt
/main/project/sorce/file2.txt
/main/project/sorce/file3.txt

Before encyption:
/main/project/target/file1.txt.gpg
/main/project/target/file2.txt.gpg
/main/project/target/file3.txt.gpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

encryption of text file for ftp

How can I encrypt a file before ftp'ing it. I am creating a text file abc.dat and I want to encrypt that file with same name and ftp it to a remote server. Please advise. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to write Microsoft Access MDB file to a text file, using C ?

I'm in the UNIX environment. I'd like to read a Microsoft Access MDB file, and write the contents of that file into an ASCII text file. I want to write a C program to do this. Does anyone know if there's already source code out there that does this? Please advise. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple script to write new lines in a text file

Hello, I have a comma seperated data sheet with multiple fields of biological data. One column contains the ID name of the sample, where there could be more than one sample separated by a comma. I would like a script that reads this field, and for each sample ID, copies the entire line and writes... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write text file data to excel using UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I have the requirement in unix shell script. I want to write the "ls -ltr" command out put to excel file as below. Input :text file data : drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x 2 apx aim 4096 Nov 29 18:40 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)