Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Apply Patch 119963-21 to Solaris 10 Sparc Post 302550756 by psshah on Saturday 27th of August 2011 03:18:58 AM
Old 08-27-2011
Hi there,
I would suggest to refer only official links from Oracle/Solaris/Symmentech, when it comes to patching.

Go to oracle site, search for correct patch, check dependencies etc.
Download patch and read README/INSTALL file.

Search on symantech if they have updated info about the patch you are talking about.

The type of environment you are mentioning looks very critical, so better apply patch by taking proper maintenance window in non business hours with proper rollback plan after implementing in test environment.
This User Gave Thanks to psshah For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Apply patch for make file.

I just downloaded a updating make file to build Ethereal to .dll file, but I don't know how to update the old make file with this new one. Please help.. thnx a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueblood
1 Replies

2. Solaris

patchadd fails to apply a patch

Hello, I'm trying to apply the patch on Solaris 9 : $/jac/update$ patchadd ./112945-46 Checking installed patches... One or more patch packages included in 112945-46 are not installed on this system. Patchadd is terminating. The error message is not really talkative so I had a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Patch for Solaris 5.9 on sparc

IS the cluster_patch for Solaris 5.9 free to download from Sun web site, i just can't find it, please help? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Patch update on sunfire 280R sparc for solaris 5.9

Hi, i just finished installing solaris 5.9 and I'm looking for the tools to tell me if i should update the patches or how to make sure that the current patches are ok? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find/apply Solaris 10 ACL's

This may be a question for a different forum, but as I will need a script I thought I would start here. We recently migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. The file system in question here is ZFS, meaning the method for listing and applying ACL's has changed dramatically. To make a long story... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Issue while installing: Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23)

Hello, As explained, I've encountered an issue while installing Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23). Actually, patch no 120011-14 stops with the following error: ERROR: attribute verification of </var/run/.patchSafeMode/root/usr/bin/passwd> failed file type <f>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.mauger
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. AIX

Failed to apply the IZ86736 patch in TL6 SP1

while i was trying to apply the patch IZ86736 in TL6_SP1 its give me the below error instfix -d . -p -f /tmp/.instfix_selections.20512908 > File installp -acgNqXd . -f File File: bos.rte.control 06.01.0006.0003 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)