Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh jail user
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ssh jail user Post 302550372 by bartus11 on Thursday 25th of August 2011 01:44:21 PM
Old 08-25-2011

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how can i jail a user?

I created a user useradd -d /disk2/ftpfiles me How would i beable to jail me so he could not move arround my file system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to Jail ftp user

Hi Gurus, I am creating a user for ftp only on Solaris 10. However while testing I can see user can reach to root directory. I followed following while creating the user 1 Created a shell in /usr/bin/ftponly as chmod a+x to ftponly 2 Placed the entry in /etc/shells ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Jail With Sun SSH Not OpenSSH

Hi all, I have a Solaris 10 server with SUN_SSH_1.1 installed. I want to restrict a user via SFTP to only be able to access one directory. I've written a little script in .profile which works perfectly for an ssh login but it appears sftp doesn't read the .profile file so it doesn't work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
2 Replies

5. Debian

SSH chroot jail problems

Firstly Hi everyone :) I setup SFTP and SSH jail using this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/chrooted-ssh-sftp-tutorial-debian-lenny SFTP jail works however now when I try to SSH it accepts my password and then just goes to a blank screen. Type any command and the shell session is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokey144
11 Replies

6. AIX

passwordless entry using ssh from one user to a different user on the same server

Hi, We have a requirement to do passwordless entry from one user to a different user on the same AIX server using ssh keys. Can some one help me with this? Thanks in advance, Panditt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
3 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

How to jail a process in his repertory ?

Hi all, I want to jail a process in his folder, so he can't have any link with a parent folder. Ex. If i'm a hacker, and I can upload my script & and I can start it, i'll could go to ../, /etc/passwd, etc.. So what I did is to chroot the process : I copied all libraries used by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deb.I.am
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

How to jail a process?

Hello people, I'm creating a web game control panel, where people can manage their gameserver on a php made control panel. But i have no idea how to create an jailed inviroment for the gameserver, I've looked at possebilites for chroot, but i don't want the gameserver has any binaries of linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gm33
1 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)