Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login access problem
Operating Systems Solaris Login access problem Post 302550001 by psshah on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 11:19:34 AM
Old 08-24-2011
This is error you face when remote host is not able to authenticate you.

Can you check if any other user is facing same issue?
Also check authentication mechanism on remote host, like PAM, radius, local files, nis, ldap etc.

As mentioned by Vishal, ssh -vvv may give you some insight if any problem with network/ssh connection like public/private key problems.

Also, can you try logging from some other system to remote host?

Please make sure your password is not getting modified by some centralized or script manner. For that, create another user on server, take backup of /etc/shadow and check if your password hash is getting changed once you login successfully and once you not.

Please reply back with above o/p, if further troubleshooting is required.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Internet Access Control thru User login Authentication

Hi, Is there a way to authorise Internet Access through the authentication of user login information without using any firewall? example : PC A is internet access ready with all the necessary settings in place (DNS and Gateway, no proxy settings as our company uses transparency proxy). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access problem.

I am having troubles copying the contents of one directory to other. I want to copy the contents of the MSIMM folder to another folder The MSIMM folder is in $ ls -al total 48 drwxr--r-- 6 ag32563 user 4096 Sep 23 11:10 . drwxr--r-- 13 ag32563 user 4096 Dec 30 17:08 ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepan2008
4 Replies

3. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't Access MP Login

I am not an HP UX admin. Just trying to get by with some basics. On our HP UX Back Up Box I am trying to access the MP login. Version 11.11 Getting the message Unable to start a telnet session. Reset the hub. Any help would be appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newboots
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to redirect to squid login web page when internet access

Hi , I am new user. As you know when acl is defined in /etc/squid/squid.conf file according to its http_access users are able to access internet. Before that .htaccess asks them to access internet. It is fine. I saw in some customised linux servers in place of .htaccess login ,html web page... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeepvson
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to login Solaris 10 Sparc - Data Access Error

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am installing Solaris. I have SunBlade 1500 Wrkstn. I installed Solaris 10 Sparc. The installation went successfully but I don't get the login screen. I get the following error message: Boot device: disk:a File and agrs:- Data Access Error Ok ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfsaeed
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Login Access fail

Hi, I need some help regarding login issue. I have to use 8 server. The username is same at all. But when i was trying to access for particular 4 server. I got access denied error. Please help .... Note: If i change my password by using root user. then I can able to enter into the same server.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables rule to block access from VM Browser to Firewall Login Page

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrabdet
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
rhosts(5)							File Formats Manual							 rhosts(5)

Name
       rhosts - list of hosts that are logically equivalent to the local host

Syntax
       /$HOME/.rhosts

Description
       The  file  allows  a  user  who has an account on the local host to log in from a remote host without supplying a password.  It also allows
       remote copies to the local host.

If the file exists, it is located in a user's home directory.  It is not a mandatory file, however.

The format of a file entry is:
       hostname [username]
       The hostname is the name of the remote host from which the user wants to log into the local host.  The username is the user's login name on
       the remote host.  If you do not specify a user name, the user must have the same login name on both the remote and local hosts.

The  host  names  listed in the file may optionally contain the local BIND domain name.	For more information on BIND, see the Guide to the
       BIND/Hesiod Service.

If a user is logged in to and wants to log in to a host called without supplying a password, she must:

o    Have an account on

o    Create a file in her home directory on

o    Specify host1 ginger as an entry in the file.
	    If has the same login on both and she can simply specify host1 in her entry.  You can allow the superuser of a remote system to log in
	    to your system without password protection or perform a remote copy by having a file in the root ( / ) directory, but it is not recom-
	    mended.
	    In addition to having a file, the superuser needs a terminal entry in the file for each pseudoterminal configured in the system.   The
	    secure entry looks similar to the following:
	    ttyp3      none    network	       secure
	    See the reference page for more information.

Examples
       The  following is a sample file for the user It is located in her home directory on She also has accounts on the hosts called and Her login
       name on and is the same as on but her login on is

To enable to log in to from and without supplying a password, her on should contain the following entries:
       machine1
       system1	gordon
       host3

See Also
       hosts.equiv(5), ttys(5)
       Introduction to Networking and Distributed System Services

rhosts(5)