Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Report a missing property and property value mis match script. Post 302549958 by jayka on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 09:51:24 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Thank you .
Now nawk works , it doesn't do anything just hangs now.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script

Hi, I have a config.xml which cointains the tags like <CONFIG> <PROPERTY name="port" value="1111"/> <PROPERTY name="dbname" value="ABCDE"/> <PROPERTY name="connectstring" value="xyz/pwd"/> </CONFIG> This file is in some directory at UNix box. I need to write a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

source a property file in script give error

I have sourced a property file in my script like this to load some variables in the script Then i am able to echo all the property file values inside script but the script is not able to recognize other unix commands #!/bin/bash . build.properties mkdir build i am getting error ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update Property Entry Values

Hi All, I'm Raghavendra. I have a very urgent requirement to develop a Shell Script which will allow to use variables in a property file as demonstarted below var1=UNIX var2=LINUX var3=WINDOWS var4=$var1,$var2 var5=$var3 Could you please help me to develop a shell script which can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavstunner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read xml value depending on property

Hi have some xml like this <example> <Cell Name="Cell1" ConfigureHost="claas" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"> <Node Name="aaaaa" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND,CLM"/> <Node Name="vvvv" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"/> <Mercury Type="default" FQDN="ssssss" PrimaryReturnFQDN=""/> </Cell> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaholics
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a property file through shell script???

Hi! i need a script that can read a property file. i.e., A script to read a "property" from property file. Read the property value and based on value of property, decide whether to start the some dataload activity or not. Its urngent. Can anyone help me out???:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not to remove Files based on property value

Hi All, Need your help to fix one script. Main agenda is: 1. Read a property file. 2. Delete all files in directory except the name from Property file. I am trying to read property file for value then deleting all files from directory except THAT value/name. I have tried so far as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies
OFWDUMP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						OFWDUMP(8)

NAME
ofwdump -- examine the Open Firmware device tree SYNOPSIS
ofwdump -a [-p | -P property] [-R | -S] ofwdump [-p | -P property] [-r] [-R | -S] [--] nodes DESCRIPTION
The ofwdump utility is used to examine the Open Firmware device tree. In the first synopsis form, the complete device tree is printed; in the second form, only the selected nodes will be examined. The following options are available: -a Print the complete device tree. -p Print all available properties. -P property Only print properties of the given name. -R Print properties in ``raw'' format, i.e., omit all headings and indentation and just write the property values unaltered to the standard output. This is intended to be used with the -P option to extract the value of a single property. -S Print properties as strings; this is analogous to the -R option, except that each property is only output to the first NUL char- acter, and that newline is appended to each. -r Recursively print all children of the specified nodes. EXAMPLES
Print the complete device tree: ofwdump -a Print the complete device subtree of the ``/pci'' node, including all available properties: ofwdump -pr /pci Print the ``compatible'' property of the ``/pci'' node as plain string: ofwdump -P compatible -S /pci SEE ALSO
eeprom(8) HISTORY
The ofwdump utility first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The ofwdump utility was written by Thomas Moestl <tmm@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 18, 2002 BSD