Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Disk Monitoring shell script giving incorrect information Post 302549786 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 02:10:22 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Code:
$ df -h | grep % | sed 's,%,,g' | awk ' { if ($5>=30) {print $0} } ' > disk_chk_out
$ mailx -s "Disk Check > 30%" abc@xyz.com < disk_chk_out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Monitoring Script

#!/bin/bash # Disk Space Monitoring for more than 95 % # and Sending Alerts by Mail if ; then `df -k |awk '$5 > 95 {print $1 " ----------- " $5}' |mailx -s "More than 95% disk usage in DEV" email@test.com'; else exit 0 fi I get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command is giving error in shell script

Hi, In my shell script when I am using mv command using shell variables it is giving me error of syntax. Following is the shell script: file_edifice="*.txt" fquote="'" fdquote=\" for file in $file_edifice do file_name=$fquote$file$fquote tofile_name=`date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammit
5 Replies

3. SCO

Incorrect Disk Partition - New Install SCO 6.0

New IBM x3400 machine with a raid 5 configuration. Go through the early setup routine to the point where I answer the questions for time zone, machine name. Enter continue and get a message stating : "Incorrect disk partitioning cannot continue" This is a sco message, refers to the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjbtms
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xbindkeys giving wrong mapping information

Hello, I'm having a problem with xbindkeys giving the wrong mapping information, hence I can't get it work at all when trying new mappings from this machine. From another computer, I have some definitions for xbindkeys (made with xbindkeys-config). These key codes work correctly on this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

5. Solaris

iSCSI disk showing incorrect size

Hi, I have a very frustrating issue! I hope you guys can assist When a disk is presented out the iSCSI target display a lower disk capacity SOLARIS VERSION is SOLARIS 10 05/09 Kernel Patch 139555-31 ISCSI Patch 119090-31, 141878-11 Unix Commands To discover Target bash-3.00# i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitalexall
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Monitoring Script - OLD and NEW

It's the old thread "Disk Space Monitoring Script", modified for UNIX This is the new code: df -k | awk ' { if ( int($4) > 90) {subject = $1 " More than 90% disk usage. Used: " $4 email = "email@test.com" print subject cmd = "mailx -s \"" subject "\" " email cmd | getline... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dungureanu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for monitoring disk failures

Hi , Does anyone have a script for monitoring disk failures on a Solaris 10/11 box? Need one today ASAP, thnks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Sript giving random end result

Hi Guys, I am developing a script to monitor GUI based FileNet Component "Component Manager" which logs it's running status in a log file. Log file is a huge file so in script I put last 300 lines of log file in seperate file and run script every 5 minutes. I am searching the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhirajdsharma
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sum giving incorrect value

cat T|awk -v format=$format '{ SUM += $1} END { printf format,SUM}' the file T has below data usghrt45tf:hrguat:/home/hrguat $ cat T -1363000.00123456789 -95000.00789456123 -986000.0045612378 -594000.0015978 -368939.54159753258415 -310259.0578945612 -133197.37123456789... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc -L giving incorrect length of longest line

Running below line gives 3957 as length of longest line in file 20121119_SRMNotes_init.dat awk ' { if ( length > 3950 ) { x = length } }END{ print x }' 20121119_SRMNotes_init.dat While wc -L 20121119_SRMNotes_init.dat gives output as 4329. Why is there a difference between these two commands.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satish Mantha
2 Replies
subst(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  subst(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
subst - Perform backslash, command, and variable substitutions SYNOPSIS
subst ?-nobackslashes? ?-nocommands? ?-novariables? string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs variable substitutions, command substitutions, and backslash substitutions on its string argument and returns the fully-substituted result. The substitutions are performed in exactly the same way as for Tcl commands. As a result, the string argument is actually substituted twice, once by the Tcl parser in the usual fashion for Tcl commands, and again by the subst command. If any of the -nobackslashes, -nocommands, or -novariables are specified, then the corresponding substitutions are not performed. For example, if -nocommands is specified, command substitution is not performed: open and close brackets are treated as ordinary characters with no special interpretation. Note that the substitution of one kind can include substitution of other kinds. For example, even when the -novariables option is speci- fied, command substitution is performed without restriction. This means that any variable substitution necessary to complete the command substitution will still take place. Likewise, any command substitution necessary to complete a variable substitution will take place, even when -nocommands is specified. See the EXAMPLES below. If an error occurs during substitution, then subst will return that error. If a break exception occurs during command or variable substi- tution, the result of the whole substitution will be the string (as substituted) up to the start of the substitution that raised the excep- tion. If a continue exception occurs during the evaluation of a command or variable substitution, an empty string will be substituted for that entire command or variable substitution (as long as it is well-formed Tcl.) If a return exception occurs, or any other return code is returned during command or variable substitution, then the returned value is substituted for that substitution. See the EXAMPLES below. In this way, all exceptional return codes are "caught" by subst. The subst command itself will either return an error, or will complete successfully. EXAMPLES
When it performs its substitutions, subst does not give any special treatment to double quotes or curly braces (except within command sub- stitutions) so the script set a 44 subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {44}", not "xyz {$a}" and the script set a "p} q {r" subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {p} q {r}", not "xyz {p} q {r}". When command substitution is performed, it includes any variable substitution necessary to evaluate the script. set a 44 subst -novariables {$a [format $a]} returns "$a 44", not "$a $a". Similarly, when variable substitution is performed, it includes any command substitution necessary to retrieve the value of the variable. proc b {} {return c} array set a {c c [b] tricky} subst -nocommands {[b] $a([b])} returns "[b] c", not "[b] tricky". The continue and break exceptions allow command substitutions to prevent substitution of the rest of the command substitution and the rest of string respectively, giving script authors more options when processing text using subst. For example, the script subst {abc,[break],def} returns "abc,", not "abc,,def" and the script subst {abc,[continue;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,,def", not "abc,3,def". Other exceptional return codes substitute the returned value subst {abc,[return foo;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def" and subst {abc,[return -code 10 foo;expr {1+2}],def} also returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def". SEE ALSO
Tcl(n), eval(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 7.4 subst(n)