Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Report a missing property and property value mis match script. Post 302549655 by Corona688 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 02:51:04 PM
Old 08-23-2011
Code:
awk -v MASTER="/path/to/master.file" -v FS="=" 'BEGIN {
        while(getline <MASTER)
        {
                if ( ($0 ~ /^[ \t]*#/) || ($0 == "") ) continue;

if($2 != "")
                        SET[$1]=$2
        }
}

{
        if (!($0 ~ /^[ \t]*#/) && !($0 == "") )
        if(SET[$1] && (SET[$1] != $2))
                print "ERROR " $0;
}' < /path/to/local.file

---------- Post updated at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:34 PM ----------

Improved version:
Code:
awk -v FS="=" -v MASTER="/path/to/master" 'BEGIN { while(getline <MASTER)
        {
                if (($0 ~ /^[ \t]*#/) || ($0 == "")) continue;
                INMASTER[$1]=1;         VAL[$1]=$2;
        }
}

{       if (!($0 ~ /^[ \t]*#/) && !($0 == "") ) LOCAL[$1]=$2;   }

END {   for(k in INMASTER)
        {
                if((VAL[k] == "") && (LOCAL[k] == ""))  print "UNSET " k;
                if((VAL[k]!="") && (LOCAL[k] != VAL[k])) print "OVERRIDDE " k;
        }
}' < /path/to/local

With your input data, and db.port.2=1521 modified to 1522, I get:

Code:
UNSET jboss.proxy.name
OVERRIDDE db.port.2

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script

Hi, I have a config.xml which cointains the tags like <CONFIG> <PROPERTY name="port" value="1111"/> <PROPERTY name="dbname" value="ABCDE"/> <PROPERTY name="connectstring" value="xyz/pwd"/> </CONFIG> This file is in some directory at UNix box. I need to write a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

source a property file in script give error

I have sourced a property file in my script like this to load some variables in the script Then i am able to echo all the property file values inside script but the script is not able to recognize other unix commands #!/bin/bash . build.properties mkdir build i am getting error ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update Property Entry Values

Hi All, I'm Raghavendra. I have a very urgent requirement to develop a Shell Script which will allow to use variables in a property file as demonstarted below var1=UNIX var2=LINUX var3=WINDOWS var4=$var1,$var2 var5=$var3 Could you please help me to develop a shell script which can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavstunner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read xml value depending on property

Hi have some xml like this <example> <Cell Name="Cell1" ConfigureHost="claas" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"> <Node Name="aaaaa" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND,CLM"/> <Node Name="vvvv" Role="APPSERV,BACKEND"/> <Mercury Type="default" FQDN="ssssss" PrimaryReturnFQDN=""/> </Cell> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaholics
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a property file through shell script???

Hi! i need a script that can read a property file. i.e., A script to read a "property" from property file. Read the property value and based on value of property, decide whether to start the some dataload activity or not. Its urngent. Can anyone help me out???:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not to remove Files based on property value

Hi All, Need your help to fix one script. Main agenda is: 1. Read a property file. 2. Delete all files in directory except the name from Property file. I am trying to read property file for value then deleting all files from directory except THAT value/name. I have tried so far as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)