Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Splitting a postscript file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Splitting a postscript file Post 302549639 by selvapraveen on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 01:51:37 PM
Old 08-23-2011
Question Splitting a postscript file

Hi ,
I have a problem ..
I have a post script file
which has text as
%%colur code :uyiu
%% pagesize :9808
%%page: 1 1
%%color:78798-
%%ufgfhre
%%Page: 2 1

I need to create two files with this one post script file .

the first file should have data till what is in %%Page: 1 1

the remaining should go to the second file ie till %%Page: 2 1

if the post script has n number of page each should go to different file

Can you please let me know how to search the %%Page: 1 2 in the post script file .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Chinese postscript file

G'day, I've a Solaris 9 box & I've configured a HP Laserjet for postscript printing. When my client prints an English postscript file, it gets printed fine. But when he sends a Chinese postscript file, there is no output at the printer. Is there anything I need to set for Chinese... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
0 Replies

2. Solaris

COnversion utility xhtml file to Postscript file

Hi, Can any suggest me some utility to convert xhtml file to postscript file format? Also tell me from where to down load such utility.. With Regards, Dattatray (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dattatray.b
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"convert" chops off part of postscript file?

I have images in PS that I want to convert to JPG (unfortunately, I need to use them in Powerpoint! :eek:). The problem is that the edges of the image get chopped off when I use: convert filename.ps filename.jpg So, for example, in my plots, the top and bottom labels for the x-axis are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramparts
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change text color in postscript file

Hi everyone, I have a program that produces postscript files on the fly The color of the files produced are in black and white I want to change the text color of postscript file as the file is being produced without having to manually go into the ps file and change it myself. Any Ideas?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: walforum
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file in to multiple files and passing each individual file to a command

I have an input file with contents like: MainFile.dat: 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a PostScript File

Hi All, I have a requirement, where i have create a pdf file in unix. I have gone through few links and understood that it could be done in 2 step manner. - Create a .ps PostScript file. - Pass .ps file to p2pdf command to create the pdf. But i am having trouble creating the .ps file. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
3 Replies

7. AIX

Printing Postscript files through Infoprint Manager to a Postscript printer

Hello, I am runnning Infoprint Manager 4.3 on AIX 5.2 . There is no problem printing AFP files, but I have hit a snag trying to use "AIX DSS" or "Other Printer" actual destinations to send unconverted Postscript files to native Postscript printers. The files are big, and they print correctly,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahetzel
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting XML file on basis of line number into multiple file

Hi All, I have more than half million lines of XML file , wanted to split in four files in a such a way that top 7 lines should be present in each file on top and bottom line of should be present in each file at bottom. from the 8th line actual record starts and each record contains 15 lines... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of loop :Splitting a single file into multiple .dat file

hdr=$(cut -c1 $path$file|head -1)#extract header”H” trl=$(cut -c|path$file|tail -1)#extract trailer “T” SplitFile=$(cut -c 50-250 $path 1$newfile |sed'$/ *$//' head -1')# to trim white space and extract table name If; then # start loop if it is a header While read I #read file Do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwagatikaP1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
DAPTUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DAPTUP(8)

NAME
daptup - wrapper script on 'apt-get update' SYNOPSIS
daptup [ --pre | --post | --last ] [ -h | --help ] [ --nocolor ] OPTIONS
--pre Do only 'pre' stage: collect info that will be used as 'old'. Usually need to be specified only in apt hooks. --post If appropriate option is enabled in config file, do only 'post' stage: collect 'new' info and output changes. Otherwise do nothing. Usually need to be specified only in apt hooks. --last Output changes only. This option is supposed to be specified when you want to see changes made in the last update. Note that list of outdated packages, if daptup is configured to output it, will be rebuilt. -h --help prints the help --nocolor Disables color output, useful for scripts or when output is not terminal. Now works only with --last option, however, you can dis- able color globally in configuration file. daptup is a script that runs "apt-get update" inside and outputs list of packages recently entered to repo, list of packages which got new updates, list of changes in 'watched' packages and, optionally, list of outdated packages. Starting with 0.8.0 version, daptup uses apt hooks and you don't need to explicitly call it if you use 'apt-get update'. TROUBLESHOOTING
If daptup was interrupted while building the lists, the cached lists can stay in inconsistent state, which is inappropriate if you want to use --last option before the new update. There is nothing to do if interrupt was occured at the moment when old lists were building (besides running the new update). However, if interrupt was occured when the new lists were building, you can easily redo this stage by calling 'daptup --post'. FILES
/etc/daptup.conf self-documented configuration file /var/spool/daptup/outdated cached file with info about outdated packages SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), aptitude(8), apt-show-versions(1p) AUTHOR
daptup was written by Eugene V. Lyubimkin. This manual page was written by Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Oct 15, 2008 DAPTUP(8)