Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete without any questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete without any questions Post 302549552 by newtoaixos on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 09:25:41 AM
Old 08-23-2011
Delete without any questions

Hi
Im under /sybase filesystem
When i type pwd it shows as /sybase
Now I want to delete all the files and directories inside /sybase and it should not ask any questions to confirm deletion. how to do this

Last edited by Scott; 08-23-2011 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Moved thread. Not an AIX-specific question

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i got some questions :)

Hi! Im new to all this but the computer club im in has unix i think. now my questions. 1.is it NTFS i need to partion the harddrive with to be able to use unix? 2.Unix and Linux whats the diffrense?yes im a noob got no idea been using crap windows for ages and hate it. 3.I got a win98... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pierre
2 Replies

2. AIX

VI questions : mass changes, mass delete and external insert

Is it possible in VI to do a global change but take the search patterns and the replacement patterns from an external file ? I have cases where I can have 100,200 or 300+ global changes to do. All the new records are inside a file and I must VI a work file to change all of them. Also, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 questions in 1

Hi folks, 1. How can i know which version/type of unix i am running? any special commands?. I connect to a remote machine through SSH but have no clue what kind of unix that is (don't laugh :-)) 2. Why does the machine i connect to have $ sign as its shell prompt sign while solaris has #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

7. Linux

Mismatch free() / delete / delete [C++]

Dear All, I got the valgrind report as below Mismatch free() / delete / delete at 0x4006895: operator delete(void*) (vg_replace_malloc.c:480) by 0x8EA6D11: corefunction. I supect that it is expect me to write free() instead of delete p1. Given the the code. I have the structure. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
7 Replies

8. Programming

Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] line no missing

Could you tell me the possibilities of the reason to get the Mismatched free() / delete / delete . I unable to see the line no in the valgrind report. it displays the function name. with that function name, I am not able to find where exactly the issue is there.I am getting the Mismatched free()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies
GIT-CLEAN(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-CLEAN(1)

NAME
git-clean - Remove untracked files from the working tree SYNOPSIS
git clean [-d] [-f] [-i] [-n] [-q] [-e <pattern>] [-x | -X] [--] <path>... DESCRIPTION
Cleans the working tree by recursively removing files that are not under version control, starting from the current directory. Normally, only files unknown to Git are removed, but if the -x option is specified, ignored files are also removed. This can, for example, be useful to remove all build products. If any optional <path>... arguments are given, only those paths are affected. OPTIONS
-d Remove untracked directories in addition to untracked files. If an untracked directory is managed by a different Git repository, it is not removed by default. Use -f option twice if you really want to remove such a directory. -f, --force If the Git configuration variable clean.requireForce is not set to false, git clean will refuse to delete files or directories unless given -f, -n or -i. Git will refuse to delete directories with .git sub directory or file unless a second -f is given. -i, --interactive Show what would be done and clean files interactively. See "Interactive mode" for details. -n, --dry-run Don't actually remove anything, just show what would be done. -q, --quiet Be quiet, only report errors, but not the files that are successfully removed. -e <pattern>, --exclude=<pattern> In addition to those found in .gitignore (per directory) and $GIT_DIR/info/exclude, also consider these patterns to be in the set of the ignore rules in effect. -x Don't use the standard ignore rules read from .gitignore (per directory) and $GIT_DIR/info/exclude, but do still use the ignore rules given with -e options. This allows removing all untracked files, including build products. This can be used (possibly in conjunction with git reset) to create a pristine working directory to test a clean build. -X Remove only files ignored by Git. This may be useful to rebuild everything from scratch, but keep manually created files. INTERACTIVE MODE
When the command enters the interactive mode, it shows the files and directories to be cleaned, and goes into its interactive command loop. The command loop shows the list of subcommands available, and gives a prompt "What now> ". In general, when the prompt ends with a single >, you can pick only one of the choices given and type return, like this: *** Commands *** 1: clean 2: filter by pattern 3: select by numbers 4: ask each 5: quit 6: help What now> 1 You also could say c or clean above as long as the choice is unique. The main command loop has 6 subcommands. clean Start cleaning files and directories, and then quit. filter by pattern This shows the files and directories to be deleted and issues an "Input ignore patterns>>" prompt. You can input space-separated patterns to exclude files and directories from deletion. E.g. "*.c *.h" will excludes files end with ".c" and ".h" from deletion. When you are satisfied with the filtered result, press ENTER (empty) back to the main menu. select by numbers This shows the files and directories to be deleted and issues an "Select items to delete>>" prompt. When the prompt ends with double >> like this, you can make more than one selection, concatenated with whitespace or comma. Also you can say ranges. E.g. "2-5 7,9" to choose 2,3,4,5,7,9 from the list. If the second number in a range is omitted, all remaining items are selected. E.g. "7-" to choose 7,8,9 from the list. You can say * to choose everything. Also when you are satisfied with the filtered result, press ENTER (empty) back to the main menu. ask each This will start to clean, and you must confirm one by one in order to delete items. Please note that this action is not as efficient as the above two actions. quit This lets you quit without do cleaning. help Show brief usage of interactive git-clean. SEE ALSO
gitignore(5) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CLEAN(1)