Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH Script to Execute command from specific column in file Post 302549400 by yazu on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 02:33:39 AM
Old 08-23-2011
Code:
awk '{print $6}' command_file.prm | sh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh execute command containing double quotes

How do I execute a command containing a double quote ? I pass a variable to grep that contains spaces, so I need to quote it, but it does not work. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x txt='"next to"' cmd="grep $txt ~dpearso5/file2" echo $cmd $cmd This is the error I get: + grep "next to"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pearson05
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a specific format to a specific column in a text file using awk and printf

Hi, I have the following text file: 8 T1mapping_flip02 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000008-000001.dcm 9 T1mapping_flip05 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000009-000001.dcm 10 T1mapping_flip10 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000010-000001.dcm 11 T1mapping_flip15 ok 128 108 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command on first column (filename) retrieved from a file

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which in turn contains 20 file names as column 1. Now I want to run a command "ct co -nc" / "cp" / "mv" on each of these $1 column content i.e. on each of the 20 file names. How can do this using a script so that I need not run the same command 20 times... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute another shell from my ksh script?

I am newbie in UNIX, so please excuse me for the stupid question.:) Here is a problem: I created ksh script where the part of the functionality include an opening of a second session with another shell process "runrep"(runrep is a custom reporting shell designed by Advent Geneva). When I run my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexstar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute ksh simple shell script without creating .sh file

please help me to execute a simple shell script like for i in `ls echo $i done . i dont want to create a new sh file to execute it. Can i just type and execute it ? because I always this kind of simple for loops . Please help . Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find specific file names and execute a command depending on file's name

Hi, As a newbie, I'm desperate ro make my shell script work. I'd like a script which checks all the files in a directory, check the file name, if the file name ends with "extracted", store it in a variable, if it has a suffix of ".roi" stores in another variable. I'm going to use these two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando110
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed working on command line but file unchanged when execute with Shell script

I have a simple task to replace unix line feed end of line characters with carriage returns. When I run the following “change file in place” sed instruction from the command line all the Line feeds are successfully replaced with Carriage returns. sed -i 's/$/\r/' lf_file.txt But that same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawkman2k
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying bash script to take each line in a file and execute command

I need to modify a bash script to to take each line in a file and execute command. I currently have this: #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "Lipsa IP"; exit; fi i=1 ip=$1 while ; do if ; then rand=`head -$i pass_file | tail -1` user=`echo $rand | awk '{print $1}'` pass=`echo $rand | awk '{print $2}'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)