Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Moving from .cshrc to .bashrc Post 302549258 by xbin on Monday 22nd of August 2011 11:20:45 AM
Old 08-22-2011
export makes the NAME of your variable available to child processes. A variable has a NAME and a VALUE assigned with the EQUAL SIGN (=) in the form: name=value. An example in the bashrc that you posted should be->
Code:
POSIXLY_CORRECT=1
export POSIXLY_CORRECT
#which could be written as
export POSIXLY_CORRECT=1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cshrc

where are my .cshrc files ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to specify header directory in .cshrc

in my .cshrc file, i can set my library files directory like this : setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/openwin/lib" now i want to specify my header files directory. please teach how to set it and what/how is the syntax thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.cshrc and .login overwritten !!

Hi, My account is : abcd I belong to a group: pqrs Some thing straneg happened yesterday. My .cshrc and .login got overwritten into pqrs's .cshrc and .login I obviously did not explicitly overwrite pqrs's .cshrc. Are there any reasons how this could have happened indirectly due to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjthomas
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.cshrc flie help

How can I set up my .cshrc file to do as the posix shell does the escape+k to scroll my command history Thanks Oh BTW, Hi I'm new to the forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lefty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in .cshrc

what kind of information is there .cshrc ? I want to set an alias in the form of =>#alias setprompt 'set prompt=">>$user<<@`hostname`:${cwd}% "' Ex. alias pr 'cd /home/username' when I make the change and try to do $pr ... its saying pr: command not found Is there any way I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

flags inside .cshrc

Hi, I use a specific utility in my .cshrc for setting up the right fonts and I believe it's sufficient to run it once for a whole session. Since I have sourced it in my .cshrc, it runs every time I do a source of .cshrc or invoke every new terminal. To resolve this issue, I thought of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
1 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

.cshrc file

Hi All, I was hoping someone could help me with the following query I have please in relation to NX Nomachine. Is there a way to get my .cshrc file in say my “US” home dir” to run when I login to another server e.g say a UK server? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my .cshrc

Hello everyone, I write a ~/.cshrc for set class path to run my java application. The file is listed below. setenv YFILTER_HOME ~/yfilter-2.0 setenv PATH "$YFILTER_HOME/bin:$PATH" setenv CLASSPATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl0101
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI

What does ' @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI ' mean? Can someone please deconstruct and explain the parts? # @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMIIt is at the top of a the .cshrc of a new Solaris account I am working on. I am familiar with using the first line of a script for setting the program/shell to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgrirx
2 Replies

10. Solaris

CSHRC and PATH problem please help

I'm doing some IVR programming and it uses Solaris 10. I know little about Unix, or CSH, but I think it's a problem with my .cshrc file. I was getting an error: "nstancehomedir/sqllib/bin/db2fupdt: Command not found" and also "set: Syntax error" when I log in. I found db2fupdt in 2 directories,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstevanus
2 Replies
asadmin-unset(1AS)						   User Commands						asadmin-unset(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-unset, unset - removes one or more variables from the multimode environment SYNOPSIS
unset env_var [env_var]* Removes one or more variables you set for the multimode environment. The variables and their associated values will no longer exist in the environment. OPERANDS
env_var environment variable to be removed. Example 1: Using unset to remove environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> unset AS_ADMIN_PREFIX asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** Using the export command without the argument lists the environment variables that are set. Notice the AS_ADMIN_PREFIX is not in the envi- ronment after running the unset command. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-unset(1AS)