Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Dedicate browser for secure online banking? Post 302549252 by pludi on Monday 22nd of August 2011 11:07:05 AM
Old 08-22-2011
If you want to be absolutely sure that your browser isn't tainted, create a VM for online banking, and disallow any interaction with the host system (shared folders, shared clipboard, ...). Make a known good snapshot of that VM, and restore to that snapshot every time you close it.

But really, there's probably a bigger chance of a well hidden trojan/root kit, or excellently crafted phishing attack, especially if the bank uses SSL. If it doesn't, change banks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in the banking world

Hi I have recently joined a bank as a tester. Initially I will be working on some test scripts and then I will be testing their data warehouse using SQL and Unix. I do have a very basic knowledge and understanding of both unix and sql. I am not sure how I will be using Unix to test their ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

What's this Bits and Banking?

Hey Guys, This is a lame one... Today I noticed this link 'Banking' next to my user name and when I click on it, it shows some bits, some checking/saving account and all... Just curious on how does one earn this bits and all??? Was really surprised to see around 19K bits with me... I did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunsoman80
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How can i stop displaying Bits/banking with my account?

How can i stop displaying Bits/banking with my account? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cola
1 Replies

5. AIX

Dedicate graphics adapter ?

Hello, Runing VIO and couple lpars on POWER blade. I want to dedicate graphics adapter(ati0) to one lpar. Is that possible ? I tried to do that using IVM (I/O Adapter Management->View/Modify Physical Adapters->Modify partition assignment): Failed to remove adapter U78A6.001.WIH4088-P2-C8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Banking Bits...

(Consider me stupid here.) I am new to this technique, but, I notice that my banking bits keep increasing by the day. After some further research on here I understand why they are used... ;o) What I don't understand is why mine are increasing by the day... Can someone either point me to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
fssnap(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                fssnap(1M)

NAME
fssnap - create temporary snapshots of a file system SYNOPSIS
fssnap [-F FSType] [-V] -o special_options /mount/point fssnap -d [-F FSType] [-V] /mount/point | dev fssnap -i [-F FSType] [-V] [-o special_options] [/mount/point | dev] DESCRIPTION
The fssnap command creates a stable, read-only snapshot of a file system when given either an active mount point or a special device con- taining a mounted file system, as in the first form of the synopsis. A snapshot is a temporary image of a file system intended for backup operations. While the snapshot file system is stable and consistent, an application updating files when the snapshot is created might leave these files in an internally inconsistent, truncated, or otherwise unusable state. In such a case, the snapshot will contain these partially written or corrupted files. It is a good idea to ensure active applications are suspended or checkpointed and their associated files are also consis- tent during snapshot creation. File access times are not updated while the snapshot is being created. A path to the virtual device that contains this snapshot is printed to standard output when a snapshot is created. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Deletes the snapshot associated with the given file system. -F FSType Specifies the file system type to be used. The FSType should either be specified here or be determined by matching the block special device with an entry in the /etc/vfstab table, or by consulting /etc/default/fs. -i Displays the state of any given FSType snapshot. If a mount-point or device is not given, a list of all snapshots on the system is displayed. When a mount-point or device is specified, detailed information is provided for the specified file system snapshot by default. The format and meaning of this information is file-system dependent. See the FSType-specific fssnap man page for details. -o special_options See the FSType-specific man page for fssnap. -V Echoes the complete command line, but does not execute the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: /mount/point The directory where the file system resides. EXAMPLES
See FSType-specific man pages for examples. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/vfstab Specifies file system type. /etc/default/fs Specifies the default local file system type. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fssnap_ufs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
This command might not be supported for all FSTypes. SunOS 5.10 11 Aug 2004 fssnap(1M)