Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check the SAN paths. Post 302549247 by mahive on Monday 22nd of August 2011 11:04:19 AM
Old 08-22-2011
Hello Panyam,
Sorry if I have not been clear in my previous post. The script gives us a status of all the internal and external disks and also the no of paths visible to the disks. In the eg below, column N=Number of Paths and column E =Number of Currently Enabled Paths.

I would thus like to create a script which would extract the information of the above two parameters i.e. N and E. If the value is 2, it means successful and <2 means that all the paths are not available.This should be only for SAN disks.

Hope this helps.

Thanking in anticipation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the valid paths in the shell script

Hi i am using a shell script for renaming the files and placing in the remote location(FTP) my code is: cd $1 day=$(date +%d) for i in `ls -1 BBW*` do last=`tail -1 $i` pat=`expr "$last" : '.*(\(.*\)).*'` pat=`echo $pat | sed 's/ /_/'` pat=$pat$day mv $i $pat rm -f $day done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Multiple Paths to SAN with LVM in Linux?

I'm setting up a CentOS 5 server that will be connected to an HP EVA4000. My previous experience is with an HP VA7400 and HP-UX. In HP-UX I can add "alternate paths" to a volume group in order to have redundant paths to the SAN via dual fiber channel HBAs just by either adding them with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enabling a script to run in multiple paths

I have a script that i need to run from different paths. for example mypc/path1/path2/, mypc/path1/path2/path3/, and mypc/path1/path2/path3/path4 How do i set up that script so that it can execute in any of the above paths or how can i make it run on any path on my computer?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
5 Replies

5. Solaris

SAN - Hard loop / prefered paths - help

Hi all Right, Im a little bit thick when it comes to SAN :-) IVe got a dual port qlc in a solaris 10 server. Its all connected and I can see a number of disks. The SAN guy here has asked me about preferred paths, i.e. as the dual ports are connected to two fabrics, etc device will have 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

how do we check SAN storage?

Hello, I am using LINUX OS. I want to check what is the SAN storage size. How do i check this in server? Any help is really appreciated.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to export Directory paths through Script

Following is the output of .profile file - $ cat /home/estdm2/.profile #!/bin/ksh set -o vi alias l="ls -ltr" umask 002 Following is the path setting script. $ cat DM_ENV_VARS_NEW.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /home/estdm2/.profile sEnv=$1 echo "We are in ${sEnv} environment" echo "STEP010... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to check the SAN dual path.

Hello, I would like to create a shell script which would check whether the hosts have SAN dual path or not. If yes, then I should get a success message, else should get a list of hosts on which SAN dual path is not working. Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to change paths inside a bash script?

i have some script with some paths inside it. The idea is to some files which is on desktop copy and move to another location. Problem is that inside script is similar to this: cp test1.zip /root/help/ because I allways have another zip files, does it possible to have some input which ask me... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
18 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)