Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check the SAN paths. Post 302549215 by panyam on Monday 22nd of August 2011 08:25:19 AM
Old 08-22-2011
From the sample output you provided , which one gives the information about , whether the path is OK or not?

I'm sorry but not much clear with input and which columns to check.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the valid paths in the shell script

Hi i am using a shell script for renaming the files and placing in the remote location(FTP) my code is: cd $1 day=$(date +%d) for i in `ls -1 BBW*` do last=`tail -1 $i` pat=`expr "$last" : '.*(\(.*\)).*'` pat=`echo $pat | sed 's/ /_/'` pat=$pat$day mv $i $pat rm -f $day done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Multiple Paths to SAN with LVM in Linux?

I'm setting up a CentOS 5 server that will be connected to an HP EVA4000. My previous experience is with an HP VA7400 and HP-UX. In HP-UX I can add "alternate paths" to a volume group in order to have redundant paths to the SAN via dual fiber channel HBAs just by either adding them with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enabling a script to run in multiple paths

I have a script that i need to run from different paths. for example mypc/path1/path2/, mypc/path1/path2/path3/, and mypc/path1/path2/path3/path4 How do i set up that script so that it can execute in any of the above paths or how can i make it run on any path on my computer?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
5 Replies

5. Solaris

SAN - Hard loop / prefered paths - help

Hi all Right, Im a little bit thick when it comes to SAN :-) IVe got a dual port qlc in a solaris 10 server. Its all connected and I can see a number of disks. The SAN guy here has asked me about preferred paths, i.e. as the dual ports are connected to two fabrics, etc device will have 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

how do we check SAN storage?

Hello, I am using LINUX OS. I want to check what is the SAN storage size. How do i check this in server? Any help is really appreciated.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to export Directory paths through Script

Following is the output of .profile file - $ cat /home/estdm2/.profile #!/bin/ksh set -o vi alias l="ls -ltr" umask 002 Following is the path setting script. $ cat DM_ENV_VARS_NEW.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /home/estdm2/.profile sEnv=$1 echo "We are in ${sEnv} environment" echo "STEP010... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to check the SAN dual path.

Hello, I would like to create a shell script which would check whether the hosts have SAN dual path or not. If yes, then I should get a success message, else should get a list of hosts on which SAN dual path is not working. Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to change paths inside a bash script?

i have some script with some paths inside it. The idea is to some files which is on desktop copy and move to another location. Problem is that inside script is similar to this: cp test1.zip /root/help/ because I allways have another zip files, does it possible to have some input which ask me... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
18 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies
ETSF_IO(1)							   User Commands							ETSF_IO(1)

NAME
etsf_io - manual page for etsf_io SYNOPSIS
etsf_io [-h | -a action] [[-i file]...] [[-f flag]...] DESCRIPTION
[-o file] [arguments] Handle ETSF files, see --action option. -h --help : show this little help. -a --action value : give the action to perform. Possible action may be: * 'merge' to gather several files that have been splitted. * 'content' to get the name of specifications the file matches. * 'check' to check the validity of the file against specifications. -o --output-file file : give the path to the output ETSF file. -i --input-file file : give the path for an input file. This option can be used one or several times. -l --list : when action is check, it give the list of available flags.q -f --flag value : give a flag name (get valid names from -l option). Examples: Merge three files, etsf_io -a merge -i file1.nc -i file2.nc -i file3.nc -o output.nc Get the contents of file test.nc, etsf_io -a content test.nc Get the list of flags for validity checks, etsf_io -a check -l Checks with two flags, etsf_io -a check -f flag1 -f flag2 test.nc SEE ALSO
The full documentation for etsf_io is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and etsf_io programs are properly installed at your site, the command info etsf_io should give you access to the complete manual. etsf_io November 2011 ETSF_IO(1)