Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IBM Systems Director
Operating Systems AIX IBM Systems Director Post 302549003 by ross.mather on Saturday 20th of August 2011 09:01:24 AM
Old 08-20-2011
You can download a version here: IBM Systems Director management servers download

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

IBM AIX on AS/400 Systems

Sry for my beginner question. I didn't find a list with all supported server types for an AIX 5.3 installation. Unfortunately ibm.com page has problems with the sign in so I can't ask in the ibm foum. Will AIX 5.3 run on a 9402, 9404 or 9406 system? Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyzer
3 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

4. AIX

IBM System Director

Is IBM System Director good for collecting error and notifications from IBM servers such as x3250 x336 etc... or Please give me brief description for the purpose of IBM system Director Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

6. AIX

IBM System Director Installation

Anyone has installed IBM System Director? May I have the procedures manual or any experiences can be shared? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

7. AIX

Help on System Director

Hi all, the DIRDB on DB2 used by system director was dropped. It's possible to reinstall only the container DIRDB, instead of reinstall all system director software? P.S. If i use "smreset" i have an error: DB21005E An error occurred while accessing the file "db2/temp-connect.sql" I find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
PODBEUTER(1)															      PODBEUTER(1)

NAME
podbeuter - a podcast download manage for text terminals SYNOPSIS
podbeuter [-C configfile] [-q queuefile] [-a] [-h] DESCRIPTION
podbeuter is a podcast manager for text terminals. It is a helper program to newsbeuter which queues podcast downloads into a file. These queued downloads can then be download with newsbeuter. OPTIONS
-h Display help -C configfile Use an alternative configuration file -q queuefile Use an alternative queue file -a Start automatic download of all queued files on startup PODCAST SUPPORT
A podcast is a media file distributed over the internet using syndication feeds such as RSS, for later playback on portable players or computers. Newsbeuter contains support for downloading and saving podcasts. This support differs a bit from other podcast aggregators or "podcatchers" in how it is done. Podcast content is transported in RSS feeds via special tags called "enclosures". Newsbeuter recognizes these enclosures and stores the relevant information for every podcast item it finds in an RSS feed. Since version 2.0, it also recognizes and handles the Yahoo Media RSS extensions. What the user then can do is to add the podcast download URL to a download queue. Alternatively, newsbeuter can be configured to automatically do that. This queue is stored in the file $HOME/.newsbeuter/queue. The user can then use the download manager "podbeuter" to download these files to a directory on the local filesystem. Podbeuter comes with the newsbeuter package, and features a look and feel very close to the one of newsbeuter. It also shares the same configuration file. Podcasts that have been downloaded but haven't been played yet remain in the queue but are marked as downloaded. You can remove them by purging them from the queue with the P key. After you've played a file and close podbeuter, it will be removed from the queue. The downloaded file remains on the filesystem. CONFIGURATION COMMANDS
download-path (parameters: <path>; default value: ~/) Specifies the directory where podbeuter shall download the files to. Optionally, the placeholders "%n" (for the podcast feed's name) and "%h" (for the podcast feed's hostname) can be used to place downloads in a directory structure. (example: download-path "~/Downloads/%h/%n") max-downloads (parameters: <number>; default value: 1) Specifies the maximum number of parallel downloads when automatic download is enabled. (example: max-downloads 3) player (parameters: <player command>; default value: "") Specifies the player that shall be used for playback of downloaded files. (example: player "mp3blaster") FILES
$HOME/.newsbeuter/config $HOME/.newsbeuter/queue SEE ALSO
newsbeuter(1). The documentation that comes with newsbeuter is a good source about the general use and configuration of newsbeuter's podcast support. AUTHORS
Andreas Krennmair <ak@newsbeuter.org>, for contributors see AUTHORS file. 06/23/2011 PODBEUTER(1)