Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Help Ubuntu saying i'm not authenticated Post 302548987 by yazu on Saturday 20th of August 2011 07:49:15 AM
Old 08-20-2011
It's software not authenticated, not you.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Enable sudo for Win AD users authenticated with Linux samba winbind service

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone ever came across the idea of unifying AD and Linux user accounts We have a Linux machine with 'samba' 'winbind' service configured to let Windows AD users to logon locally using their AD accounts and passwords. I can use 'su' to get to the local user privilege... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

4. Web Development

Apache - redirecting authenticated users to other sites

Hi everyone. Im really new here, so please have patience with me if i act out of order in any way. I do have some unix experience, but i would not call it extensive. The problem i am about to describe probably have a easy solution, but i have been unable to find it while speaking to Mr.Google... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antiw2k3
4 Replies

5. Programming

Need a help in automating the http authenticated web page - via PHP scripting

Hi all, Need a help in PHP scripting. Am automating a process in web page. The process is 1. i have to open that web page using the user credentials (Username and password). 2. select a drop down and click submit button. 3. Then check for the status of the page. Please help me how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve the username which got authenticated by the apache

I have an apache 2.2 setup with LDAP auth enabled. The html form in the front end takes some values and processes them using perl script in the background. Is there a way I can get the username which is submitting the values in that perl script. I am planning to track who is doing what(with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with Red Hat Network Classic (or a RHN Satellite). After registering, your sys- tem can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)