Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux ipcheck problem in my dedicated server Post 302548847 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of August 2011 12:30:01 PM
Old 08-19-2011
It means what it says. It can't find that host name.

The server itself may still be fine, but for some reason you can't look up it's domain name. Perhaps you're having problems with your DNS server, perhaps someone forgot to add a line to /etc/hosts, or perhaps it just expired. Which one applies to you depends on your DNS setup.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Dedicated Server Move

I just moved a dedicated server, which included moving to a new subnet, and new IP address. Now my server is not reconnecting - I've tried ifconfig, altering the etc/hosts file with the new ip address, with no luck. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmerika
5 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dedicated Server - Linux Mirror

Hi guys. I am gonna buy a dedicated server and make it a public mirror for some distributions. but how much RAM, Hard Disk, Band Width, ... will suffice? It will be a mirror for CentOS and Ubuntu both. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to optimize apache and mysql on my dedicated server?

Hi, Any one please suggest me the best mysql, apache settings for the given below scenario. My Server config: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5504 @ 2.00GHz 8GB RAM 300GB HDD Website: It's a famous wordpress blog Mysql DB size: 235MB Expectations: Server should be handle 600+ concurrent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

New centos dedicated server - cant get mysql working

Hi all, I installed centos 5, with LAMP. httpd is working fine, ssh, ftp all working ok. But, when I try to use mysql its not, when I give the command mysql I get ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Vmware Citrix Xenn virtualization on dedicated server

hi, I am newbie and I think I am trying to bit off more than I could chew in this field. I would like to know if virtualization with Vmware Citrix on a dedicated server under ubuntu 64bit is simple. I looked up in the board with keyword "virtualization, vmware, dedicated" but replied threads are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add new smtp to my dedicated server

Hi there, I have a dedicated server that sends mail with own smtp (obviously). On this server I have a web platform for music artists that allows entries for each enrollment and sends confirmation e-mails and so on ... Now I have purchased a service smtp (like those of smtp.com) because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colorsthink
3 Replies
asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-virtual-servers, list-virtual-servers - gets the virtual servers SYNOPSIS
list-virtual-servers --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Gets all the virtual server elements. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using list-virtual-servers asadmin> list-virtual-servers --user admin --password adminadmin --host localhost --port 4848 Command list-virtual-servers executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)