Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysql server start issue
Operating Systems Linux mysql server start issue Post 302548655 by Mani_apr08 on Friday 19th of August 2011 02:33:42 AM
Old 08-19-2011
Ok Thanks , I would like to install server now. Please help on this .

my client package is mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6 . Base on that which server package i have to install.

---------- Post updated at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:10 AM ----------

Hi, one more doubt that is I can use mysql in solari box. I have installed client package in linux box. can i access the same database from linux server ?

Please advice possible or not ?

Thanks,
Mani

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql issue

I have a lot of files getting this on a new install of phpmysql 4.3.4 any ideas what would be causing this... Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /home/httpd/vhosts/ucandevelopments.com/httpdocs/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Apache start issue

Hi group, I need help to start apache in following scenario: 1) Say apache is installed on solaris OS by user 'root'. 2) An entry is there in httpd.conf that says to start apache process as user: #User <RUN_AS_USER> is edited as User user1 2) Now say user2 has logged and tries to start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs266
6 Replies

4. Programming

MySQL service start error

Hi, I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully. When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below ".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file" Can anyone help me to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Strange Mysql issue

Hi all, I recently changed the name of my hostname from 'abc123' to 'abc456' (as an example). I then added a user in my mysql database with the new host and removed references to the old users and hostname. The strange thing is though, a process using the database still uses the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
1 Replies

6. Solaris

To Shut down the server. Do the Maintainance and Start Up the server

Hello All I just want to know how to Shut Down the Solaris Machines( Servers ) for Maintainance and then Start Up the Machines ( Servers ) . I think I will have to Log In as root to do that . Also how do i Check if all the services running on that server before shut down are running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to auto start MySQL server on Opensolaris after rebooting the machine?

Hi, In Linux, I will do it by editing the /etc/rc.d/rc.local . However, I can't find a rc.local file in Opensolaris. So, how can I do it in Opensolaris? I am new to opensolaris, so please teach me step by step. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)

NAME
dh_di_numbers - install numbered scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_di_numbers [debhelper options] [dir [...] dest] DESCRIPTION
dh_di_numbers is a debhelper program that installs directories of numbered scripts into package build directories. Within each directory, there should be a "_numbers" file in which each line contains at least two space-separated fields. The first field in each line is a two-digit number, which will be prefixed to the entry name to provide ordering within the directory; the second is the entry name, which must correspond to a file or directory alongside the "_numbers" file; and the third field, if present, is another two- digit number which identifies another entry with the same entry name to which this entry should be a symlink. Any additional directory names specified as parameters will be installed in the package build directory of the first package dh_di_numbers is told to act on. By default, this is the first binary package in debian/control, but if you use -p, -i, or -a flags, it will be the first package specified by those flags. FILES
debian/package.di-numbers List the directories to install into each package and the directory they should be installed to. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a directory or directories to install, and at the end of the line tells the directory they should be installed in. The name of the directories to install should be given relative to the current directory, while the installation directory is given relative to the package build directory. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install (in v3 mode and above). OPTIONS
dir [...] dest Lists directories to install and where to install them to. The files will be installed into the first package dh_di_numbers acts on. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of dh-di. AUTHOR
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> 3 2009-09-16 DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)