Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris snmp trap for passwd file deltas in solaris Post 302548513 by prince2010 on Thursday 18th of August 2011 03:05:15 PM
Old 08-18-2011
Thanks for the response.

I already have a script in cron that does this.
It compares (does a diff of) a baseline passwd file to the current passwd file, and since this is cron'ed
Whenever there is a change in the file, it sends the diff file as an e-mail alert

What i'm looking for is how to send the same diff file as an snmp trap/alert to a monitoring device.

Again this is a Solaris 10 box.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

snmp trap generator

Hi, I am writing a program in java to simulate a trap being sent from a device. I came to know that rawsocket cant be opened in java. Is there a provision to do in java? My requirement is: I am writing the java program in the machine 1.1.1.1 I want to simulate the trap being sent from a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkrish7
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Creating SNMP Strings To Trap ALOM Console Messages

Greetings To All! I am trying to accomplish the following: Using a public SNMP string, create a trap which will trap ALOM console messages on a Solaris Sunfire T-1000 ALOM console. The platform is Solaris 10. These newly created traps need to be configured in such a way that they will send... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Send A Snmp Trap

Hi, do you know the syntax to send a snmp trap to a server ? Many htanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cntl+z Trap is not detecting ??? Help required to add a trap detection ???

Hi folks, I have tried to add some trap detection in the below script....this script is used to monitor database activities...in a rather awkward way :rolleyes:.... The idea behind adding trap is that....this script creates lots of temporary files in the running folder to store the count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

linux snmp trap relay

Hi all, I'm after a linux utility that can relay all incoming traffic on a certain port to another server. Can anyone recommend a good program? I've taken a look at snmptrapd, but it's not obvious how this can be configured for my requirements. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Allow specific hosts for snmp trap

I want to receive snmp traps only from specifis ip's or host. I tried to get help from VACM , but it's complicated. Can any one please suggest me simple way to do it (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP Trap on Solaris...HELP!

Hi all, I am currently doing a project regarding traps and would like to help me in this issue. I am knew to the trap world :confused::) and thought that by posting this thread helps me move forward in this project. First of all I will begin exactly from the very beginning, i.e. the net-snmp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to transfer all kernel logs (var/log/messages) to the snmp listener as snmp trap

i am working with embedded system -Dell DCS management sub system. my question is as below: currently we are using linux kernel 2.6.30 build and we have a kernel logs stored to the /var/log/messages path. now we have to transfer all this logs to the specified SNMP target as a part of SNMP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipul_prajapati
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Snmp trap command for Solaris 5.10

I am using the following command to successfully send snmp traps on Linux but I cant get it to work on Solaris , can someone give me the syntax plz? Linux: /usr/sbin/snmptrap -v 2c -c org 10.100.10.211 \'\' 1.3.6.1.4.1.791.2.9.2 1.3.6.1.4.1.791.2.9.2 s \"$1 \" Solaris:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Snmp [xx] Got trap from peer in Red Hat Linux

hi I get below error from console and message log in red hat linux snmp Got trap from peer on fd 13 . Any idea why there is error and how to fix it ?? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies
ZDIFF(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZDIFF(1)

NAME
zcmp, zdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
zcmp [ cmp_options ] file1 [ file2 ] zdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Zcmp and zdiff are used to invoke the cmp or the diff program on files compressed via gzip. All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only file1 is specified, it is compared to the uncompressed contents of file1.gz. If two files are specified, their con- tents (uncompressed if necessary) are fed to cmp or diff. The input files are not modified. The exit status from cmp or diff is pre- served. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), zmore(1), zgrep(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp or diff programs may refer to file names such as "-" instead of to the file names specified. ZDIFF(1)