Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: query related to grep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers query related to grep Post 302548340 by newbielgn on Thursday 18th of August 2011 07:12:47 AM
Old 08-18-2011
Yes each line matching "cert_codes" will be stored in aa.txt.
But multi lines will not be grepped .Check example given below, here even though it's a multi line where 'robert' appears only robert was grepped and 'bob' missed out.

Is this what you were looking for ?

$> cat test.sh
ary=("robert" \
" bob")
for a in ${ary[@]}
do
echo $a
done

$> grep robert test.sh
ary=("robert" \

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to #!/bin/sh

hi All Why is #!/bin/sh being used in most of the ksh scripts......? I have seen this (#!/bin/sh) being used at the start of the script Regards Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed related query

Hi I have a file which looks like this //string = "abcd"; //info //string = "*pqrs"; //add string = "#123"; //sub //string = "#1234567890" data = check(string) //string = "#1234567890" I want to modify this as string = "#987"; //mult data = check(string) How do i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script related query

Hi I have an input to a file. I want the script to return it formatted the input is a number, say , 1234567895 and the output should be 21 43 65 87 59 ,ie, the pair of two digits should be reversed. How can I do this using a shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk related query

hi, I have to extract a column from a file and then updated that column..?? Now i can use wak for extracting it and then how to update it.. $ awk' {print $5}' input_file Can i use sed command here piping it to the output from the awk command.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisek.says
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel related query for the code..need help..

find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls it will give the result that is $8 and &9 in the result file... let say i need the result is a excel file....and i need the result to be print like $8 field... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapan123
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print related query

i Am using the below query and printing the $8 and $9 filed.. find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls this give me the rsult like below.. 2008/home/ADMIN/om/1.txt 2008/home/ADMIN/om/hi.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sapan123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

query related to if

wht does below statement mean? if wht does dis -d option do?? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetimestamp related query!

Hi all, I have put a query in a thread but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get a reply here. I have a file in that one line resembles like below... Forwarded by Deepak on 11/15/2009 10:28 AM EST ofcourse AM can be PM also... so what i need is first i need to get only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
MB_DETECT_ORDER(3)							 1							MB_DETECT_ORDER(3)

mb_detect_order - Set/Get character encoding detection order

SYNOPSIS
mixed mb_detect_order ([mixed $encoding_list = mb_detect_order()]) DESCRIPTION
Sets the automatic character encoding detection order to $encoding_list. PARAMETERS
o $encoding_list -$encoding_list is an array or comma separated list of character encoding. See supported encodings. If $encoding_list is omitted, it returns the current character encoding detection order as array. This setting affects mb_detect_encoding(3) and mb_send_mail(3). mbstring currently implements the following encoding detection filters. If there is an invalid byte sequence for the following encodings, encoding detection will fail. UTF-8, UTF-7, ASCII, EUC-JP, SJIS, eucJP-win, SJIS-win, JIS, ISO-2022-JP For ISO-8859-*, mbstring always detects as ISO-8859-*. For UTF-16, UTF-32, UCS2 and UCS4, encoding detection will fail always. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mb_detect_order(3) examples <?php /* Set detection order by enumerated list */ mb_detect_order("eucjp-win,sjis-win,UTF-8"); /* Set detection order by array */ $ary[] = "ASCII"; $ary[] = "JIS"; $ary[] = "EUC-JP"; mb_detect_order($ary); /* Display current detection order */ echo implode(", ", mb_detect_order()); ?> Example #2 Example showing useless detect orders ; Always detect as ISO-8859-1 detect_order = ISO-8859-1, UTF-8 ; Always detect as UTF-8, since ASCII/UTF-7 values are ; valid for UTF-8 detect_order = UTF-8, ASCII, UTF-7 SEE ALSO
mb_internal_encoding(3), mb_http_input(3), mb_http_output(3), mb_send_mail(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_DETECT_ORDER(3)