Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting moving files from one folder to many folders Post 302548295 by realspirituals on Thursday 18th of August 2011 04:30:18 AM
Old 08-18-2011
I cannot use rfc3339 format... They previously used Jan_1_2010, Jan_2_2010 etc...
So I need to stick with that. Could this be possible?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all folders/files and keep only the last 10 in a folder

Hi, I want to write a script that deletes all folders and keep the last 10 recent folders. I know the following: ls -ltr will sort the folders from old to recent. ls -ltr | awk '{print $9}' will list the folder names (with a blank line at the beginning) I want to get the 10th folder from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a folder which contain the log files. The folder may contain sub folders as well. I want to move the contents of the log folder to tmp folder periodically. I have used the command. LOG_DIR=/logs DESTINATION_DIR=/tmp/logs find ${LOG_DIR} -mtime +1 -exec mv {}... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: farooqpervaiz
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving multiple folders/files in subversion using bash script

Hi, I'm new here an dlearning a lot from this forum. i didnt find any solution for this in the forum. I have already checked in folders in subversion named HTT01,... HTT21.. and have files in each folder like below: HTT01/HTT01_00000.hex HTT01/HTT01_00000_fb_result.hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravishan21
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving files from one folder to other

Hi I need to move last 1 year old files from one folder to another location on same server.How to write a shell script for the same? thanx Lalit (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitkumar
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving 1000s of files to another folder

Hi, I need to move 1000s of files from one folder to another. Actually there are 100K+ files. Source dir : source1 Target dir : target1 Now if try cp or mv commands I am getting an error message : Argument List too long. I tried to do it by the time the files are created in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unx100
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files but not folders to a new folder

Hi, I have a sub directory with a number of files and folders. What i want is a subdirectory with just folders and not files for cleanliness sake. So I want to move the files into the new folder but keep the folders in the same place. Move all files (but not folders) to new folder. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopper_no1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files to folders and rename

Hello! I am new to this. I have many files from b_ap00 to b_ap80, and I need to move them to folder 00 to 80 respectively, where b_ap00 is in folder 00, b_ap01 is in folder 01. On top of this, I need to rename the file once they are inside the folder to b_ot, and subsequently run it (ifort -o... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krustytherusty
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files to a folder with a variable name

hello there- first post here- maybe someone can help- Basically I am trying to copy the contents of a folder to a different folder that has a variable name. the content I want to copy would be in a folder on my desktop called: myfolder the variable folder would look something like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infothelonghaul
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files and folders to another folder

I recently bought Synology server and realised it can run scripts. I would need fairly simple script which moves all files and folders from ARCHIVE folder to WORKING folder. I would also need to maintain folder structure as each of the folders may contain subfolders. How would I go about it as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ###
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies
joy(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						      joy(3alleg4)

NAME
joy - Global array of joystick state information. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern JOYSTICK_INFO joy[n]; DESCRIPTION
Global array of joystick state information, which is updated by the poll_joystick() function. Only the first num_joysticks elements will contain meaningful information. The JOYSTICK_INFO structure is defined as: typedef struct JOYSTICK_INFO { int flags; - status flags for this joystick int num_sticks; - how many stick inputs? int num_buttons; - how many buttons? JOYSTICK_STICK_INFO stick[n]; - stick state information JOYSTICK_BUTTON_INFO button[n]; - button state information } JOYSTICK_INFO; The button status is stored in the structure: typedef struct JOYSTICK_BUTTON_INFO { int b; - boolean on/off flag char *name; - description of this button } JOYSTICK_BUTTON_INFO; You may wish to display the button names as part of an input configuration screen to let the user choose what game function will be per- formed by each button, but in simpler situations you can safely assume that the first two elements in the button array will always be the main trigger controls. Each joystick will provide one or more stick inputs, of varying types. These can be digital controls which snap to specific positions (eg. a gamepad controller, the coolie hat on a Flightstick Pro or Wingman Extreme, or a normal joystick which hasn't yet been calibrated), or they can be full analogue inputs with a smooth range of motion. Sticks may also have different numbers of axes, for example a normal direc- tional control has two, but the Flightstick Pro throttle is only a single axis, and it is possible that the system could be extended in the future to support full 3d controllers. A stick input is described by the structure: typedef struct JOYSTICK_STICK_INFO { int flags; - status flags for this input int num_axis; - how many axes do we have? (note the misspelling) JOYSTICK_AXIS_INFO axis[n]; - axis state information char *name; - description of this input } JOYSTICK_STICK_INFO; A single joystick may provide several different stick inputs, but you can safely assume that the first element in the stick array will always be the main directional controller. Information about each of the stick axis is stored in the substructure: typedef struct JOYSTICK_AXIS_INFO { int pos; - analogue axis position int d1, d2; - digital axis position char *name; - description of this axis } JOYSTICK_AXIS_INFO; This provides both analogue input in the pos field (ranging from -128 to 128 or from 0 to 255, depending on the type of the control), and digital values in the d1 and d2 fields. For example, when describing the X-axis position, the pos field will hold the horizontal position of the joystick, d1 will be set if it is moved left, and d2 will be set if it is moved right. Allegro will fill in all these values regard- less of whether it is using a digital or analogue joystick, emulating the pos field for digital inputs by snapping it to the min, middle, and maximum positions, and emulating the d1 and d2 values for an analogue stick by comparing the current position with the centre point. The joystick flags field may contain any combination of the bit flags: JOYFLAG_DIGITAL This control is currently providing digital input. JOYFLAG_ANALOGUE This control is currently providing analogue input. JOYFLAG_CALIB_DIGITAL This control will be capable of providing digital input once it has been calibrated, but is not doing this at the moment. JOYFLAG_CALIB_ANALOGUE This control will be capable of providing analogue input once it has been calibrated, but is not doing this at the moment. JOYFLAG_CALIBRATE Indicates that this control needs to be calibrated. Many devices require multiple calibration steps, so you should call the calibrate_joystick() function from a loop until this flag is cleared. JOYFLAG_SIGNED Indicates that the analogue axis position is in signed format, ranging from -128 to 128. This is the case for all 2d direc- tional controls. JOYFLAG_UNSIGNED Indicates that the analogue axis position is in unsigned format, ranging from 0 to 255. This is the case for all 1d throt- tle controls. Note for people who spell funny: in case you don't like having to type "analogue", there are some #define aliases in allegro/joystick.h that will allow you to write "analog" instead. SEE ALSO
install_joystick(3alleg4), poll_joystick(3alleg4), num_joysticks(3alleg4), calibrate_joystick(3alleg4), calibrate_joystick_name(3alleg4), exjoy(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 joy(3alleg4)