Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Append lines in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append lines in a file Post 302548058 by sdosanjh on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 10:39:21 AM
Old 08-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by itkamaraj
Code:
$ awk ' { if($0~/[:upper:]/) {print $0"l2"}else{print $0"L2"} }' test
JACKL2
JILL2
SANDYL2
amerl2
europel2
pakl2

THANK YOU itkamaraj
It works Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append word to lines

Hi all, Can someone suggest how to append some word to all lines in file. for example word "Honey" to file f1 with lines: Mia Katrin Elizabeth to get Honey Mia Honey Katrin Honey Elizabeth Thanks in advance Givi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giviut
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append lines with SED

I have the following data in a file and would like to append the lines inside each section 10, 20, 30, 40, etc... onto one line for each of the sections. Is it possible with SED to make this happen?? 10 00039393 DOCK: RECEIVE PART, TAG. D D ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miklacic
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable to only certain lines

Hi There! I'm trying to write a shell script which generates a random hexadecimal number and then appends it to the end of lines XX onwards of a certain file. XX is determined by a certain string on the previous line. Thus for example, if the input file is I search for the string... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append lines in a file

Hi All, I have a file separated by , and each line end with ".If the line doesnt end with " then i need to join the current line and the next one and put them in another file a, b, c,d" d,f,g,h k, l m" o,p,q,r,t" ouput : a,b,c,d" d,f,g,h,k,l,m" o,p,q,r,t" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count Number Of lines in text files and append values to beginning of file

Hello, I have 50 text files in a directory called "AllFiles" I want to make a program that will go inside of the "AllFiles" Directory and count the number of lines in each individual text file. Then, the program will calculate how many more lines there are over 400 in each text file and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: motoxeryz125
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append multiple lines to the last line of a file

Hello, This is what I am trying to achieve: file1 a b c d file2 e f g h (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append following lines to 1st line, every 3 lines

I have output like this: USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 ... where USER_ID is a unique user login followed by their login timestamp and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append lines from file 1 to file 2

File 1 : anupam testing testing123 File2: hello world last try Output file 3: anupamhello testingworld testing123last try it will be good in case we are not reading line one by one and appending...I tried like that only but it's taking time to execute.. So asking for bettr... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh-to read ip file & append lines to another file based on pattern match

Hi, I need help with this- input.txt : L B white X Y white A B brown M Y black Read this input file and if 3rd column is "white", then add specific lines to another file insert.txt. If 3rd column is brown, add different set of lines to insert.txt, and so on. For example, the given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashob123
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append next line to previous lines when NF is less than 0

Hi All, This is very urgent, I've a data file with 1.7 millions rows in the file and the delimiter is cedilla and I need to format the data in such a way that if the NF in the next row is less than 1, it will append that value to previous line. Any help will be appricated. Thanks,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
17 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)                                                        GNU                                                       GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)