Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH script outputting strange file formats Post 302547965 by 9aza on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 06:21:55 AM
Old 08-17-2011
Haha ok thanks anywaySmilie. Is it possible then that it is something to do with cygwin?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr not outputting properly.. bsd sh script

When i run sh -x test.sh, expr outputs x=expr $x + 1 instead of doing the arithmetic.. been working on this overnight.. and its being a pain in the arse if you ask me.. :confused::confused: #!/bin/sh #script for downloading numerical filenames chap=1 p=1 count=0 x=1 while do if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspect_p
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple count script outputting mass errors

script outputting cant find anything wrong with the script either... : #!/bin/sh #count execution script time=0 while do if then time=`expr $time + 1` if then echo "The current tick is 100" fi fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspect_p
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Assistance - Outputting to file with Awk

I'm trying to take a list of domains, find out the MX resolve it to IP then find out what the NS is and output the contents to a new file. The only problem i'm having is when checking the Ip or host of the MX i can only get it to print the column with the MX record and the results of the host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spartan22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error in bash script

Howdy all, I have a scritp that does a sqldump. But for some goofy reason, a certain part of it behaves uber strange. It does a daily dump of my sql, according to parameters I enter in hardcode. The script is: #!/bin/bash APP_NAME="app_com_site" wikiname="wiki_com_site" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

outputting set -x to file

I need to enable set -x in my croned script as at times the script is not returning all data that it should be. This only happens intermittently and as such I would like a means of being able to check what goes wrong. My question is how to output the debug of set -x to file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rob171171
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash string variable outputting incorrectly

Hello All, I am learning BASH scripting and I would appreciate any help with a small problem I am having... I am writing a script that builds a simple hosts file for DNS reasons related to a piece of software called netdb by parsing another application's config files for IP's and their... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wesley545
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check the file formats

Hi, I want to check the incoming files whether the file is Mac file or dos/windows file in unix shell script. Sometimes client is posting Mac file and sometimes it is dos file. Could you please help me how to determine/check whether the file is Mac or dos. Help in advance Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ubuntu 16 Bash strange output

Hello, I work in Ubuntu 16.04, I am new to Bash and something is wrong with my script, please help. I have a few hundreds of subjects data (like subj003.nii.gz, subj012.nii.gz etc. up to subj567.nii.gz) in a directory /usr/afewmoredirectories/subjects. I may run for each subject a command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lim-lim
5 Replies
mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)													    mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)

NAME
mkbundle, mkbundle2 - Creates a bundled executable. SYNOPSIS
mkbundle [options] assembly1 [assembly2 ...] DESCRIPTION
mkbundle generates an executable program that will contain static copies of the assemblies listed on the command line. By default only the assemblies specified in the command line will be included in the bundle. To automatically include all of the dependencies referenced, use the "--deps" command line option. Use mkbundle when you want the startup runtime to load the 1.0 profile, and use mkbundle2 when you want the startup runtime to load the 2.0 profile. For example, to create a bundle for hello world, use the following command: $ mkbundle -o hello hello.exe The above will pull hello.exe into a native program called "hello". Notice that the produced image still contains the CIL image and no precompilation is done. In addition, it is possible to control whether mkbundle should compile the resulting executable or not with the -c option. This is useful if you want to link additional libraries or control the generated output in more detail. For example, this could be used to link some libraries statically: $ mkbundle -c -o host.c -oo bundles.o --deps hello.exe $ cc host.c bundles.o /usr/lib/libmono.a -lc -lrt You may also use mkbundle to generate a bundle you can use when embedding the Mono runtime in a native application. In that case, use both the -c and --nomain options. The resulting host.c file will not have a main() function. Call mono_mkbundle_init() before initializing the JIT in your code so that the bundled assemblies are available to the embedded runtime. OPTIONS
-c Produce the stub file, do not compile the resulting stub. -o filename Places the output on `out'. If the flag -c is specified, this is the C host program. If not, this contains the resulting exe- cutable. -oo filename Specifies the name to be used for the helper object file that contains the bundle. -L path Adds the `path' do the search list for assemblies. The rules are the same as for the compiler -lib: or -L flags. Specifies that a machine.config file must be bundled as well. Typically this is $prefix/etc/mono/1.0/machine.config or $prefix/etc/mono/2.0/machine.config depending on the profile that you are using (1.0 or 2.0) --nodeps This is the default: mkbundle will only include the assemblies that were specified on the command line to reduce the size of the resulting image created. --deps This option will bundle all of the referenced assemblies for the assemblies listed on the command line option. This is useful to distribute a self-contained image. --keeptemp By default mkbundle will delete the temporary files that it uses to produce the bundle. This option keeps the file around. --machine-config FILE Uses the given FILE as the machine.config file for the generated application. --nomain With the -c option, generate the host stub without a main() function. --config-dir DIR When passed, DIR will be set for the MONO_CFG_DIR environment variable --static By default mkbundle dynamically links to mono and glib. This option causes it to statically link instead. Important: Since the Mono runtime is licensed under the LGPL, even if you use static you should transfer the component pieces of the mkbundle to your users so they are able to upgrade the Mono runtime on their own. If you want to use this for commercial licenses, you must obtain a proprietary license for Mono from mono@novell.com -z Compresses the assemblies before embedding. This results in smaller executable files, but increases startup time and requires zlib to be installed on the target system. WINDOWS
On Windows systems, it it necessary to have Unix-like toolchain to be installed for mkbundle to work. You can use cygwin's and install gcc, gcc-mingw and as packages. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AS Assembler command. The default is "as". CC C compiler command. The default is "cc" under Linux and "gcc -mno-cygwin" under Windows. MONO_BUNDLED_OPTIONS Options to be passed to the bundled Mono runtime, separated by spaces. See the mono(1) manual page or run mono --help. FILES
This program will load referenced assemblies from the Mono assembly cache. BUGS
The option "--static" is not supported under Windows. Moreover, a full cygwin environment containing at least "gcc" and "as" is required for the build process. The generated executable does not depend on cygwin. MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit: http://www.mono-project.com for details SEE ALSO
mcs(1),mono(1),mono-config(5). mkbundle(mkbundle 1.0)